What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk - CD (1979)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Tusk, released 12/10/79

Fleetwood Mac released their twelfth album Tusk, an experimental set of songs that cost the band over $1 million to record. The double album peaked at No.4 in the US and achieved sales in excess of two million copies, spawning two Top Ten singles, ‘Sara’ and the title track. It reached No.1 in the UK and achieved Platinum status.

20 Likes

16 Likes

Absolute gem of an album. Can’t sit through a whole side of Aja, but play this first to last regularly. Title track alone is worth the money. There’s some terrific guitar work going on behind the catchy surfaces.

3 Likes

An album I’ve not listened to in a while. The original, not remastered version.

Luckily Mrs_n has left me to my own devices this afternoon so I’m letting my 350s stretch their legs :wink:

Level 42 - World Machine

10 Likes

Dylan, the complete Budokan 1978. Pretty fine live set.

11 Likes

I do like a bit of French language music and am a fan of electronica. Having moved on from Jean-Michel Jarre, I am currently enjoying this…

7 Likes

On Vinyl:
61mpUV91+IL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Eric Bibb - Deeper in the Well

11 Likes

Pure synthy genius!

7 Likes

3 Likes

Haven’t played this CD for many years - rendered redundant by the Dolphy Prestige box set. Good selection though.

4 Likes

Just having a quick flick through on dare I say (Apple Music) and it’s going on the buy list, thanks for flagging this up :+1:

1 Like

Playing me other favourite gurlfriend just for Kev.

9 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

The live album habit can be hard to kick when they are this good; Led Zeppelin, ‘How the West was Won’

16 Likes

This was a fantastic debut album the quality of which was sadly not matched on any of her subsequent releases

Tasmin Archer - Great Expectations

Sounding great on a pristine vinyl copy

7 Likes

@steviebee…I find Aja difficult to understand in regard to pervious SD albums.

I find it lacking in focus lyrically and a cross between easy listing lounge music and yacht rock.

It’s not like I have not given it a chance. l have at lest four copies including a first press the UHQR AP which is the worst of the lot for engagement far to much hifi!

ATB Graham.

She’s not aged a day since we last saw her…:blush:

2 Likes

The Royal Scam is my favourite SD album. This is quite a fun live set:

11 Likes

Ushering in a mellow Saturday night session with Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus by Spirit. I will never tire of this album

13 Likes

@Rigsby21… sorry I missed your reply to my Steely Dan The Royal Scam post please see my reply steviebee regarding Aji

ATB Graham.

1 Like