What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Rory Gallagher best of at the BBC.

Really good and a nice package on the triple vinyl.

20 Likes

Sounds amazing on vinyl - and what an incredible voice…

11 Likes

Duncan Mackay - Chimera (1974). Some very nice prog from keyboardist Duncan, who went on to play with 10cc, Cockney Rebel, and on Kate Bush’s first three albums.

6 Likes

Thanks. I think One Size Fits All could be added very soon…

1 Like

Why? On loan from a friend. The band are good at what they do but it didn’t engage enough to float my boat.

steve

2 Likes

Possibly the best of the 70’s Zappa albums, certainly my favourite from that period. Have to put it on next now you’ve mentioned it. :grin:

3 Likes

Amarok: Neo Way
The entire catalog on CD is on loan to me at the moment from @SimonDC, as only some of it is available on Qobuz.
Some definitely appeal more than others.
This one is number 2 and is very different from the later stuff (Hunt, Hero & Hope).

4 Likes

Why? Revisit. When I bought it 45 years ago it was hardly off the turntable.

steve

17 Likes

Radiohead - Kid A - CD (2000)

‘Kid A’ Radiohead’s first release to debut at No.1 in the US 15/10/2000

21 Likes

Epitaph - Epitaph (1971). First album from “The Krautrock Wishbone Ash”. Win/win.

3 Likes

Some heavy guitar dronery & feedback from Japan.

Boris
Evøl
Third Man Records

6 Likes

More Samara on vinyl:

8 Likes

12 Likes

I found that one a bit of a strange album (although the later one, Sitra Ahra just completely lost me). With Therion, I always thought Cristofer Johnsson had some great ideas but often crammed too many of them into one album or even one song for my taste. And some of the albums overstayed their welcome being far too long.

Interesting to listen to but not ones I went back to frequently

1 Like

Spot of mid arvo blues from the man with some kid guitarist. John Mayall Blues from Laurel Canyon. May have been recorded in West Hampstead rather than LA but still awesome - a personal soundtrack to one great Mid 70s summer. Decca blue label reissue.

20 Likes

Definitely a good choice.
Over time, try these-
Hot Rats
Grand Wazoo
Overnite sensation
Chungas revenge

2 Likes

K. D. Lang - Hymns of the 49th Parallel

On the recommendation of @Gazza. First play on Qobuz, but it’s sounding rather wonderful so far.

10 Likes

Thank you!

Be warned that Frank’s “unique” sense of humour is not to everyone’s taste. Enjoy it.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Harmony, Melody & Style - Lovers Rock In The UK (1975 - 1992) - 2012 - Soul Jazz Records - Vinyl.

This excellent compilation tells the history of lovers rock from its sound system beginnings through to its commercial explosion at the start of the 80s

1 Like