What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

On CD. Wow! Sounds amazing tonight. Really gives your system a full workout. Was one of my go-to demo discs back in the 90’s. Probably still my favorite “dance” album.

11 Likes

Over the years my wish has been to have a full release of the 1974 Before the Flood tour.

The Dylan camp has been so generous to fans - the bootleg series and copyright releases at a reasonable price.

Starting with Disc 1 Chicago Jan 3 with a lot of stuff that didn’t make it onto the original double album.

I regard Before the Flood as one the best live albums. Dylan was top of his game with the Band on fine form.

16 Likes

Yes its such a great label and superb VFM and the recordings are always consistently good.I have amassed a huge collection mainly from charity shops in my area often 8 for a pound :smiley:
Your comments about the variety really resonated and made me take pics of two that are absolutely lovely
The late and all round nice guy Sven Goran Ericksson who compiled his favourite classical tracks on a 3 album box set with accompanying enthusiastic write up on all the tracks
And another nice one the A - Z of classical a 2 CD set which takes you on an alphabetical journey.
Hope you are bearing up mate
Wishing you a fine evening
Cheers Ian

6 Likes

Ali Farka Touré - Savane (2019 Remaster)

13 Likes

Loving on Vinyl - Shake Dog Shake …what a track
The Cure - The Top

12 Likes

Iron Maiden - BBC Archives - 2002

Enjoying this for some of those 80’s classic tracks.

8 Likes

4 Likes

What happened to @seakayaker?

2 Likes

1st run for me……, don’t know yet…

6 Likes

Robert Cray Band with Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live Texas 1987 - Remastered 2016 CD Rip to FLAC.

11 Likes

Friend of mine still wants ‘Melt’ played at his funeral! My brother came round at the weekend and we used Melt to put my new system through its paces. We also played ‘El Cid’ from Rhythm & Stealth and that sounded awesome as well

2 Likes

Geordie Greep - The New Sound

Definitely different. Hints of Zappa maybe. First listen. Needs another couple of plays I reckon.

3 Likes

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams.

Most enjoyable.

13 Likes

The latest from The Smile. Enjoyed my first listen.

8 Likes

The Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra / 2018 A&M / EU CD / 00602577198830

11 Likes

4 Likes

We think he’s on holiday - @GeoffC noticed that he mentioned travel in his last post, and he has viewed the forum since. My money’s on a cruise. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Featuring the only bit of Bette Midler I’m ever likely to own. Lovely moody album. Uniti Core.

11 Likes

Literally Bruce’s Last Dance.

Think they all knew at that gig.

RIP Mr Guthro.

2 Likes