What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

LP - EMI/Harvest 2012 reissue : )

The Electric Light Orchestra is the debut studio album by English rock band Electric Light Orchestra (a.k.a. ELO), released in December 1971 in the United Kingdom by Harvest Records

:bulb:

Jeff Lynne – vocals, piano, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, percussion, bass, Moog synthesizer
Roy Wood – vocals, cello, classical acoustic guitar, bass, double bass, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, recorder, slide guitar, percussion, bass clarinet, krumhorn, drums on “The Battle of Marston Moor”
Bev Bevan – drums, timpani, percussion
Bill Hunt – French horn, hunting horn, piccolo trumpet
Steve Woolam – violin

Recorded at Phillips Studios, London June 1970 - July 1971 / Release 3rd December 1971

In the United States, the album was released in March 1972 as “No Answer” , after a misunderstood telephone message made by a United Artists Records executive asking about the album name; the caller, having failed to reach the ELO contact, wrote down “no answer” in his notes, and this was misconstrued to be the name of the album.

16 Likes

Alt-J | An Awesome Wave | 2012
I’ve not had this indie rock band out in many a year. They won the Mercury Prize with this, their debut album.

11 Likes

I looked this lady up last night due to her presence on this forum. Played a few clips, what an lovely voice. I may have to take dip with her albums.

2 Likes

David Sylvian - Blemish - 2003

Features Derek Bailey on three of the tracks, although the great man’s influence seems to pervade the others as well.

11 Likes

See her live too if you can, she’s great!

2 Likes

Soën | Tellurian | 2014
Excellent prog rock/metal from this Swedish outfit. I’ve got all their catalogue but this sophomore album was the one that really drew me in.

9 Likes

King Crimson - In The court of The Crimson King - 1969.
Iconic cover designed by Barry Godber and the original painting now owned by Robert Fripp.

22 Likes

As Rory’s guitar collection is being acutioned at Bonhams including his iconic strat tomorrow…you might be able to watch the auction live
Rory is definitely on my mind.2 work colleagues and I have a sort of sweepstake on what the strat will go for …I am over 2 million and the other 2 colleagues 1.1 and 1.3
The winner gets CDs and Vinyl as a prize
I hope it goes to a good home and someone who will play it like Joe Bonnamassa or Brian May …any muscian rather than some faceless billionare and it will be never seen again

Rory Gallagher - Etched In Blue

16 Likes

LP - music on vinyl 2012 reissue : )

Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado

:high_heel:

Jeff Lynne – lead & backing vocals, electric & acoustic guitars, bass, Moog, production, orchestra & choral arrangements
Bev Bevan – drums, percussion
Richard Tandy – piano, Moog, clavinet, Wurlitzer electric piano, guitar, backing vocals, orchestra & choral arrangements
Mike de Albuquerque – bass & backing vocals
Mike Edwards – cello
Mik Kaminski – violin
Hugh McDowell – cello
with:
Peter Forbes-Robertson – spoken word
Louis Clark – orchestra and choral arrangements and conducting

Recorded at De Lane Lea Studios, London 1974

~ < < > > ~

17 Likes

Agree Garry
Its a really lovely box set for the shelf.
What I really like its compiled with passion and its a personal mix of his favourites
We like a bit of musical passion here
Manic day at work…its good to be kicking back and relaxing
Enjoy your evening
Ian

1 Like

4 Likes

This album is worth getting for the cover alone. It always amuses me that the drummer is Roberto Gatto, and of course gatto means cat in Italian. I imagine the band realised what they were doing!

3 Likes

Hi Ian, agree it’s a lovely set, know what you about work, I’m on leave next week and it can’t come quick enough, enjoy the rest of your night.

Gary

1 Like

Another excellent 2024 release

1 Like

Lyle Lovett - Lyle Lovett - CD (1986)

A blast from my musical past, who doesn’t get the play time he deserves.

7 Likes

Surrender, career spanning retrospective. Blood red double vinyl clearly very appropriate.

6 Likes

Loved your comments about the cover and its worth it for the cover alone.
I had to do a double take on the cover as the cat looks so like mine :smile_cat: :rofl:
Wishing you a fine evening

4 Likes

Joining Shaunio in the court…

LP - Panegyric 2010 / 200gm reissue : )

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King

<< >>

Greg Lake – lead vocals, bass guitar, production
Robert Fripp – electric and acoustic guitars, production
Ian McDonald – saxophone, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, Mellotron, harpsichord, piano, organ, vibraphone, backing vocals, co-lead vocals on “I Talk to the Wind”, production
Michael Giles – drums, percussion, backing vocals, production
Peter Sinfield – lyrics, illumination, production

Recorded at Wessex Studio, London July - August 1969 / Released in 1969

~ < < > > ~

20 Likes

This one is a workout for the system and the ears!

Broadcast
Ha Ha Sound
Warp Records
(2015 repress)

2 Likes