What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Samara Joy - Portrait, on CD. Only got to track 5 and liked what I heard and better (so far) than her previous album IMHO. The rest will be heard tonight.

10 Likes

…which was followed by Dire Straits Live, Alchemy, on CD. Listened to Rick Beato on YT a few days ago and he was analysing DS and MK’s guitar playing. IMHO, MK’s song writing and lyrics are greatly underappreciated, and are far better than the ‘dad rock’ tag which seems to get bandied around. This CD has energy in spades.

16 Likes

On CD - two Prestige sessions from the 60s.

4 Likes

Brittany Howard
Jaime
Sony

(Alabama Shakes’ singer first solo album).
It’s a goodie.

4 Likes

Getting there, many thanks, Graham.
@Quad33

4 Likes

Agreed. I bought the 2024 re-issue a few weeks ago and it sounds very good (which the fabulous music deserves).

1 Like

Steely Dan - Gaucho…

This is my 2023 limited addition of this album remastered by Bernie Grundman, sourced from a 1980 analogue tape originally EQ’d by Bob Ludwig.

It’s a supper sounding remaster/ album.

20 Likes

Lively up yourself…

Ruts
The Crack
Virgin

7 Likes

Can understand why :grin: I would imagine there’s quite a list of unsuitable tracks you wouldn’t be able to play.

Laurie Anderson - Big Science - CD (1982)

13 Likes

Headley Bennett - 35 Years From Alpha. It’s a cracker in every respect. Vinyl.

1 Like

Yeah, skipped in Comfortably Numb a couple of times though!

1 Like

Hi Ian

The Sven Goran Ericksson set, I think is very good, I haven’t played it for a while, will have to dig it out and have a relaxing listen.

Gary

3 Likes

22 Likes

Stone
Cold
Classic!

2 Likes

This made me smile. Tbf, very innovative!

1 Like

His final studio album - not his best but it’s still an enjoyable album and as it’s his last it feels a little bit special. Vinyl.

8 Likes

The Man!

1 Like

Heading on down to funky town this evening with Gil Scott-Heron and Brian Jackson Winter in America. 2024 RSD on ghastly splodge vinyl. Top notch. Peace Go With You Brothers.

13 Likes

Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On A Gravel Road - CD (1998)

18 Likes