What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

13 Likes

Pink Floyd - Animals

Joining in the love for Animals, but here I’m playing the 2018 remix, which I prefer over the original.

28 Likes

Now Playing…

Jeffery Martin - Thank God We Left The Garden

Jeffrey Martin (Guitar, Vocals) and Jon Neufeld (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… taking Jeffery with his November 2023 album release out for another spin and he is sounding mighty sweet! …an enjoyable album.

4 Likes

Deep Purple - Made In Japan: The Remastered Edition, which included a second disc featuring three encores.

32 Likes

1st run

8 Likes

Starting the evening with some Foreigner - 4

11 Likes

GERSHWIN, G.: Rhapsody in Blue / TOWER, J.: 1920/2019 / STUCKY, S.: Dreamwaltzes (Kevin Cole, National Orchestral Institute Philharmonic, D.A. Miller)

“Gershwin is well aware of what he’s doing, and he really doesn’t give a damn what people think,” says Joseph Horowitz, author of Classical Music in America: A History of its Rise and Fall . “He wanted to bridge musical worlds that were separate.”

11 Likes

7 Likes

Just enjoying this very splendid album, and having that rather magical moment when the production makes you quickly look up and go “Wow!” This just happened on “You make loving fun.” Fabulous production…

Fleetwood Mac: Rumours

37 Likes

One of the best sounding Tone Poets I have heard.

14 Likes

15 Likes

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd - Trios: Ocean

Charles Lloyd (Alto Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Gerald Clayton (Piano), Anthony Wilson(Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Monday morning with Charles Lloyd Trios album ‘Ocean’ and Charles, Gerald and Anthony are sounding sublime! Charles in his mid 80’s and still going strong… One very fine album!

12 Likes

7 Likes

The Who - Tommy

18 Likes

Loving on CD - The Fugees - The Score :smile_cat:

11 Likes

Leonard Cohen | Old Ideas | 2012
I’ve always needed some Cohen music in my life and tonight is such an occassion.

15 Likes

Picked this up with another few albums……probably would never have given this a thought. Recorded on the U.S rail network.

Just finished….bit of a gem find.

Rather refreshing

2 Likes

Funnily enough I’ve just lobbed this on. Magic.

24 Likes

Just saw this as a new release on Qobuz. All tracks remastered in 2022. Thought I’d give it a listen…. Right from the get go there’s more bass and punch.

Dire Straits: Money for Nothing

24 Likes

Interesting album…

2 Likes