What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Fleetwood Mac. Self titled album. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels, the clean production sounding fine on this original release CBS cd.

16 Likes

Such an enjoyable listen.

.sjb

9 Likes

Tony Joe White | The Shine | 2010
I’ve been missing his music so this is his first outing for a few months. So Called swamp rock but he is way beyond that to anyone that knows their sh*t. Just check him out.

8 Likes

Nice. Inspired me to get this off the shelf :grin:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Sounding wicked on CD - REM - Lifes Rich Pageant

12 Likes

5 Likes

A very under rated album from REM.

3 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, western star. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Charity shop find, always liked her vocals

14 Likes

Good lord, I remember seeing them supporting Barclay James Harvest. (that was probably pushing 50 yers ago as well :laughing: ). D@mn good they were; one of those concerts where one thought that main and support were both memorable. I even have ones of their LPs…the one with the song about the elephant.

Edit: found it: :smiley: the album is “Down to Earth”

3 Likes

Totally agree an absolute masterpiece
Begin The Begin and These Days are relentless then it totally changes in mood with Fall On me.
Flowers Of Guatemala and Cuyhoga are stunning
Mike Mills’s backing vocals and his lead vocals on Superman.
I was lucky to see them at the Hammersmith Odean in 1987 their only UK date .
They were superb.
Peter Bucks rickenbacker chimming out threw a big PA …one of my top 10 gigs looking back

4 Likes

Great band, sadly missed.

2 Likes

The best ever live (rock) album.

1 Like

3 Likes

R.E.M. - Murmur - CD (1983)

Seeing @Tabbycat playing R.E.M and @Neilb1906 being a R.E.M. fan, well seems a shame, not to join in :grin:

14 Likes

Inclined to agree… close contest with “If you want blood”, and “Strangers in the Night” for me…

tunstall-kt-drastic-fantastic-cd
KT Tunstall - Drastic Fantastic

11 Likes

It’s certainly up there. Amazing that the band apparently, were not initially on board with their Japanese record company’s wish for a live album.

1 Like