What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

After seeing this (again!) last weekend, thought I’d give this a spin. Great story, great songs.

3 Likes

Oh, a very good choice @Isca_Dumnoniorum :ok_hand:

1 Like

8 Likes

7 Likes

Don‘t know why @Isca_Dumnoniorum , but you always inspire me to listen to a real good record from U2 :wink:

18 Likes

Eric Clapton, Nothing But The Blues, 2022.

This was a video from 1994, released as an album 28 years later. In fact Eric sounds young and the record full of energy. Good old times.

14 Likes

Hi-Res download version…

19 Likes

Continuing the Roy Harper evening with The Unknown Soldier.

Almost a Roy Harper/Dave Gilmour album as Gilmour co-writes half the songs and contributes some great guitar.

The highlight is the track ‘You’ where Kate Bush takes the lead vocals and harmony with Roy. Her best song ever.

12 Likes

Clare in the Community on BBC R4 FM

Anti-establishment, radical feminist social worker with complete lack of self-awareness in hostage situation, with MI7.

4 Likes

Max Richter - The New Four Seasons - Vivaldi Recomposed (2022)

14 Likes

Stone the Crows it’s that lass who sang the Taggart theme tune. The wonderful Maggie Bell…

10 Likes

Really!!??? I’m surprised by that. Pretty much everything else he’s released is still in print. I have a signed copy, but it’s not going anywhere.

5 Likes

Bob Marley & The Wailers

Exodus

Edward

22 Likes

From the excellent mono box set

25 Likes

Starts off a bit Keith Emerson this one but it’s unmistakably Brian Auger & more importantly Julie Driscoll. Great stuff. Qobuz stream.

6 Likes

Lucky man… yeah, a lot of his newer stuff has been released as limited editions. One of them I’m toying with is approx 1000 copies pressed.

I snagged a new copy of the bright red vinyl edition of intruder but most new ones are now grey. The artwork on them is very nice so I can see them becoming collectible.

The cheapest I’ve seen splinter recently is £200 for a dog eared copy. Discogs is between £200 and 500 euros, so yeah… keep a hold of it :grinning::+1:t2:

1 Like

30 Likes

Townes Van Zandt - Delta mamma blues
Tonight I’m starting with a bit country, blues, ish.

5 Likes

The Sisters Of Mercy - First And Last And Always

7 Likes

(Idris Ackamoor’s) the Pyramids 1974s King of Kings from the great Strut box set of their 70s output. Rhythmic, free, fast and furious - bit like a cross between the Art Ensemble and Sun Ra.

3 Likes