What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’m sure it’s hidden in someone’s vault. A few big names - Henderson, Carter - in that album might have something to do with it.

1 Like

Not for me up to the standard of the 1st album. Part II was interesting. Part III, hmm…pleasant, but…

Tedeschi Trucks Band
I Am The Moon pt III

Picking up Pt IV on Friday…hoping it ends the series on a high.

7 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl - Happy Mondays - Pills Thrills And Bellyaches

9 Likes

Lee Ritenour World Of Brazil / 2005 GRP / EU CD / 0602498829561

5 Likes

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road - CD (1988)

12 Likes

I guess there’s always a chance but I’m not holding my breath. It has been lost for many years.

1 Like

2 x CD - Glossa 2017 : )

<<>>

Paolo Pandolfo - six-string bass viol attributed to Nicolas Bertrand (end of 17th Century)

Recorded in Franc-Waret, Belgium. January 2017

~ < < :strawberry: > > ~

6 Likes

Hugh Masekela - Hope

I bought this many years ago, having heard the track Stimela in a demo. I never really listened to the rest of the album, but it’s actually quite a refreshing album. I’ll have to listen to it more often.

13 Likes

Really frustrating afternoon trying to get Qobuz to play via a Bluesound Node. Have reverted to CD, and something calming :rage:
Nick Drake - 5 Leaves Left.

27 Likes

Steady drizzle outside so has to be ‘One of Those Days in England’ one of Roy’s greatest long form songs. Roy Harper Bullinamingvase on superb after all these years Harvest vinyl (with Watford Gap BTW)

11 Likes

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

10 Likes

Another delivery from Amsterdam, Carmen Gomes Inc. Don’t You Cry album on CD, single microphone recording.

Spectacular just about covers it.

9 Likes

Mr Bongo Record Club, Vol. 6

‘Adam’s Apple’ - Wayne Shorter

Superb classic reissue from last year, remastered by Kevin Gray

18 Likes

Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town

On CD. Making up for lost time.

8 Likes

Just ordered this one on vinyl. In the meantime, Spotify will suffice.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Maya Angelou (Spoken Word), Michael Arnopol (Bass), John McLean (Guitar) and Mark Walker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Patricia and she and the band are sounding sublime! A lovely way to ease into this cool and overcast morning…

19 Likes

CD issue of this Bob Downes Vertigo album.

1 Like

Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra - CD (1982)

15 Likes

Imagination - Night Dubbing - An instrumental album of their hits…with killer bass lines :ok_hand:

7 Likes