What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

CD £3 from Fopp back in the good old days. Bought loads of them, glad I did.

4 Likes

Absolute cracker. One-off German Folk/Prog album from 1978.
“A complete German obscurity, Carol of Harvest came from the city of Furth in northern Bavaria and were formed in 1976,led by main composer and guitarist Axel Schmierer.The line-up was completed with female singer Beate Krause, bassist Heinz Reinschlüssel, keyboardist Jürgen Kolb and drummer Robert Högn.”
Streaming from Qobuz, CD on order.

7 Likes

The American heavy rock continues with Halestorm

2 Likes

This just arrived with Barry the Postman.
As Halestorm just finished it would be rude not to put it on…:blush:

5 Likes

Beyond Twilight by Alexandra Mackenzie and Ingrid Sawers. Lovely cello and piano music which is very accessible and enjoyable. Qobuz stream.

7 Likes

UFO - Lights Out

Listening to the Andy Pearce 2024 remaster. I have the original album from 1977 on vinyl and CD and must say I’ve never heard it sound so good. Michael Schenker proving what a great guitarist he is.

8 Likes

Seem to have drifted away from my intention to have a folk day. Guru Guru - UFO. Heavy, dissonant, German rock, emerging from/mutating the European free jazz scene. The neighbours hate me.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Best jokes

Well, if it’s a German music trip, it has to go here. A work of genius. Can - Tago Mago.

12 Likes

Marillion - Fear

Original vinyl released in 2016. I personally prefer the Hogarth era and this album contains some great pieces. The New Kings in particular stands out.

8 Likes

Two moods.

Some upfront from Alabama Shakes

Boys & Girls

Some downbeat from Earth

Live Hex; in a large city on the north american continent

4 Likes

Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity

Originally released in 1997. This is the Music On Vinyl 2013 release. I think it’s fair to say it isn’t in the same league as Metropolis:Scenes From a Memory or Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, however it is often talked about as their best sounding album. Having just listened to Lines in the Sand I might agree. Portnoys drums sound like he is playing in the same room, they sound enormous.

7 Likes

Back to the American heavy rock and my favourite Shinedown album

3 Likes

Huge fan of this guy.
Video is a sample of his work from 6 years ago.

7 Likes

Brilliant live performer. Saw him in London in 1985, think I still have the programme for the gig in the house somewhere.

1 Like

Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy - CD (1972)

Happy Birthday, Carl Palmer :birthday: 73 today 20/03/51

15 Likes

18 Likes

Now playing…

David Gilmour - On An Island

David Gilmour (Bass, Bass Harmonica, Cumbus, Guitar, Hammond Organ, Percussion, Piano, Electric Piano, Saxophone, Vocals), Alasdair Malloy (Glass Harmonica), Andy Newmark (Drums, Percussion), Caroline Dale (Cello), Chris E. Thomas (Keyboards), Chris Laurence (Double Bass), Chris Stainton (Hammond Organ). Crosby & Nash (Vocals), Ged Lynch (Drums), Georgie Fame (Hammond Organ), Graham Nash (Vocals), Guy Pratt (Bass), Jack D. Johnson (Drum Samples), Jools Holland (Piano), Leszek Możdżer (Piano), Lucy Wakeford (Harp), Phil Manzanera (Keyboards, Piano), Polly Samson (Piano, Vocals), Rado Klose (Guitar), Richard Wright (Hammond Organ, Vocals), Robert Wyatt (Cornet, Percussion, Voices), Adam Topol (Drum Samples) and Willie Wilson & The Tunemasters (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… out for a walk and morning coffee and now returning home to a bowl of blueberries, banana, and raspberry yogurt and kicking off the day with David and his talented friends with his 2006 release of ‘On An Island’ and they are sounding mighty sweet!

26 Likes

…and we ROCK on!!
Pop Evil - Skeletons

2 Likes

Unlike @QuickSticks, I’m all over the genre map today. What a fabulous guitarist.
Richard Thompson - Mock Tudor.

15 Likes