What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Due a bit of The Captain myself

11 Likes

Char and a few of his buddies

2 Likes

Amos Lee - Last Days At The Lodge, backed by an impressive array of musicians in this his third album.

13 Likes

Now for Algerian folk. Souad’s first album.

4 Likes

22 Likes

Jimmy Hastings shows up here on Love Song With Flute. A wonderful, dreamy, ethereal album.

8 Likes

Reminded of this album by a comment from @AndyP earlier. Espers - II. Great psyche/folk.

11 Likes

That’s a great album IMHO, if I may suggest you some more albums…

7 Likes

Thanks Blacknote. I’ll investigate those!

1 Like

Welcome, have fun! Let me know your thoughts, they are all great albums for different reasons.

Atoms For Peace - AMOK - CD (2013)

Tom’s other band, not everyone’s cup of tea.

7 Likes

Deutscher Abend, @TheKevster ? :wink:

1 Like

Another Old fave

11 Likes

Final testimonial from me tonight. Jimmy Hastings appears on 4 of 5 tracks on this fine debut album. Uniti Core.

7 Likes

k.d. lang - Ingenue.

19 Likes

Enjoying…

Latest release from Ms Musgraves - a simpler arrangement with lots of personal reflection in these beautifully sung tracks. A great album to sit back and relax to.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

11 Likes

Enjoying…

3am edition.

Sublime
Qobuz 24/48
ERA-1s

9 Likes

Blur - 13 - CD (1999)

Blur went to No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘13’, the bands fourth consecutive No.1 and making them only the third act to have four No.1’s in the 90s, Simply Red and REM being the other two.

18 Likes

Garry great that you are familiar with Everhard Junction
Its incredible what he has achieved over the years with the build and refinement
The detail is just stunning like graffiti on buildings.Rubbish bins with litter by them
The scrapyard with the fridges.Even the advertising billboards on the station build are in keeping with 1990.The lighting on the station and on the rolling stock.
Even the cars which move on the roads are totally period for the time.

Talking of the rolling stock it must have cost him a lot of money.
Little things I love about it is it could be a 47 pulling freight and there would be say 12 or more wagons as it would be.Lighting in the carraiges on the passenger carraiges and mixing the carraiges up a bit .

I discovered it as one of my nephew’s sons who is 4 is crazy about trains so tried to find a model railway on YouTube to send him for Henry on our WhatsApp chats and found it there.I dip into it often and remember the station build and love the layout running videos especially the last one .

Wishing you a good day mate

Apologies to go right off topic but if any posters in the music room are wondering what I was talking about and like model railways here it is.
As its in London you can make out Battersea powerstation on the horizon…Pink Floyd… Animals :rofl:

5 Likes

Something lively on 12 " before out the door to work
Run DMC - Walk This Way

11 Likes