What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Grateful Dead. Free compilation CD from Uncut Mag. Enjoying.

9 Likes

Supertramp - Even In The Quietest Moments - CD (1977)

Happy 74th Birthday :birthday: Roger Hodgson 21/03/50

27 Likes

You beat me to it! :grin:

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Anna Tivel - Outsiders | Live in a Living Room

Anna Tivel (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar) and Jon Neufeld: Acoustic Guitar

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… after a very nice sleep in this morning I am kicking off the day with this acoustic session released in August 2023 from Anna and she and Jon are sounding sublime! A lovely album to ease into the day with…

7 Likes

I blame @Drikus, he had already committed the crime of the century :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

I spotted that, what matters most, we all continue to share the great music :musical_note: played.

2 Likes

Claudia Lenner - Phew - 1973 - Warner Bros Records - OG Vinyl.

Former Ikette singer Soul and Funk that takes no prisoners.

4 Likes

Also a muse for the Rolling Stones Brown Sugar and Bowie’s Lady Grinning Soul.

5 Likes

Eagles - The Complete Greatest Hits
Via Tidal Stream 24/192

What a great work they delivered. Sound is astonishing and I am just enjoying it.

16 Likes

35 Likes

Aretha Now - 1968 - Atlantic Records - OG Vinyl

21 Likes

I’ve got that CD as well and, by coincidence, played it last week. It was my introduction to The Grateful Dead.

3 Likes

@Quad33 joining you on this album on 16 bit download.

Just look at the backing band, you have to be special to get these musicians on board:

Jack Bruce, Jim Capaldi, Mitch Mitchell, Eric Clapton, Paul Kossoff, Stan Webb, Blue Weaver, Christine McVie, Brian Auger, Chris Wood.

7 Likes

Same here, I have also enjoyed Youtube concerts of “Dead and Co” with John Mayer on Guitar. Really interesting and enjoyable.

3 Likes

Stereophonics. 2003. CD.

Don’t think I have played this before. Good so far.

You Gotta Go There to Come Back features a blues rock styled sound in the mold of early 1970s rock bands,[2] and also displays influences of garage rock and soul.[8] Kelly Jones described the album, with its “very 70s, Stevie Wonder, rock overdub feel”” WIKI.

14 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson Mosaic Select 3CD - includes some of his mid-70s Blue Notes.

5 Likes

PM on BBC R4 FM where they were plugging a programme that is going to run all next week at 1.45pm, on trust.

I learned that 80% of 18-24 year olds prefer to get their news from Tik-Tok rather than mainstream news sources.

As to why ‘anyone’ else here might be interested, it’s difficult, but I imagine @bhoyo and @TheKevster might be. Possibly others too. I will give it a listen if I am in.

5 Likes

Tik Tok = junk mail.

5 Likes

@AndyP Indeed also produced by Mike Vernon who re - released it the following year with different art work on Blue Horizon.

ATB Graham

1 Like

Hybrid | Morning Sci-Fi | 2003
I fancied some early Hybrid and this is one of their earliest.

7 Likes