What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Various – Blind Pig Records 20th Anniversary Collection
CD|1997

Blues. Some good tunes on here.

5 Likes

Hope you enjoy Neil, very well recorded and a little help from EC, Elton and Sting too.

Brilliant album. I have this vinyl. Not sure why there’s a difference?

9 Likes

Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII - CD (1973)

22 Likes

Chris Rea - Dancing Down The Stony Road, playing the original double disc version of this pure blues album.

17 Likes

LP - Mute Records 2013 : )

Goldfrapp - Tales Of Us

Alison Goldfrapp – vocals, instruments
Will Gregory – string arrangements, instruments

Additional musicians

Steve Evans – additional programming (tracks 3, 6, 7, 10); acoustic guitar (tracks 3, 8–10)
Aidan Love – additional programming (track 7)
Nick Ingman – string scoring, string conducting
Charlie Jones – double bass (tracks 1, 5)
Alex Lee – bass guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, (Nashville guitar on track 5)
Martyn Barker – drums (track 3)
John Parish – drums (tracks 3, 7)
John Parricelli – guitar (track 4)
Ian Burdge – cello (track 4)
John Metcalfe – viola (track 4)
Louisa Fuller – violin (track 4)
Martyn Barker – Indian guitar (track 5); drums (tracks 5, 9, 10)
Paul Cowgill – horse effects (track 6)
Ross Hughes – acoustic guitar, cavaquinho (track 7)
Chris Laurence – double bass (track 8)

Recordings from 2011-2013 at Angel Recording Studio, London, and Home studio, Wiltshire, England. Album released 6th September 2013

~ < < > > ~

25 Likes

3 Likes

Daft Punk, random access memories. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

8 Likes

Enjoying…

Brings back great memories playing this Naim Label on my CDI in late nineties/early noughties.

‘Alhambra’ is the stand out track for me - cranked up a tad! The mesmering combination of haunting atmosphere, tuneful fretless bass, poignant percussion and eery vocal is sublime to these ears. 10/10.

‘Night Passage’ is a well crafted track with glorious saxophone accompaniment.

Prefer the original artistic cover from NaimCD032, which sets the tone for this classic acoustic album, which sits somewhere in my (now unused) CD collection. Making do with this Qobuz version.

Sublime…
Qobuz 16/44
ERA-1s

15 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:
Big Big Train - Folklore

Just rereleased along with English Electric parts 1 & 2 on CD according to Burning Shed.
All 3 will be ordered tomorrow I think🤔

7 Likes

6 Likes

Voivod - Nothingface (original 1989 MCA pressing)

An incredible, prog-thrash album that still feels ahead of its time 35 years later. Into My Hypercube still remains their best rack and my go-to demo whenever I upgrade to make sure everything sounds right.

Playing this through my new Rega P10/Shelter Harmony combo… I don’t want to say it’s so good that it makes the album sound remastered but it makes it sound remastered. I always felt this pressing sounded pretty flat with limited dynamics and soundstage, but nope, not anymore. What a fun, bombastic listen.

4 Likes

Enjoying…

Angelic voice - simply sublime…

Qobuz 16/44.1
ERA-1s

19 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti - CD (1975)

Led Zeppelin were enjoying a six-week run at No.1 on the US album chart 49 years ago today 22nd March 1975 with Physical Graffiti the group’s fourth US No.1 album. On its first day of release in the US, the album shipped a million copies – no other album in the history of Atlantic records had generated so many sales. ‘Physical Graffiti’ has now been certified 16 times Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for US sales in excess of 16 million copies.

46 Likes

Witchcraft - Firewood (2006 limited edition pressing)

Imagine Black Sabbath but filtered through Abbey Road-era Beatles. One of my faves.

Sonically it always sounded a bit watery and still remains but a pleasing listen nonetheless.

6 Likes

Continuing within the timewarp-like slew of fresh releases over the last few Fridays, this morning I have mainly been listening to the new one from…JAMC!

It’s OK. Defo. them. Just not amazing…Bit gratuitous.

5 Likes

The Crusaders Live in Japan / 1993 GRP / France CD / GRP97462

10 Likes

Goldfrapp, seventh tree. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

Friday morning and nearly the weekend…Rocking out before out the door to work a blistering Live Whitesnake set - Whitesnake - Live In The Heart Of The City
The Classic Snake Line Up…RIP …Jon Lord and Bernie Marsden

13 Likes