What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

14 Likes

Melody Gardot, worrisome heart. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

From the Bobby Hutcherson Mosaic Select CD box.

5 Likes

George Benson Tenderly / 2009 Warner / EU CD / 5 Originals Box Set / 8122798365

11 Likes

The Human League - Dare - CD (1981)

Happy Birthday :birthday: :partying_face: 22/03/63 Susanne Sulley
Sulley, singer, The Human League. Formed in Sheffield, England in 1977 the group attained widespread commercial success with their third album Dare in 1981. The album contained four hit singles, including the UK/US No.1 hit ‘Don’t You Want Me’.

26 Likes

I tenderly offer the notion that today is International George Benson Day! :smile: :guitar:

LP - Speakers Corner 2012 reissue : )

George Benson – guitar
Clarence Palmer – Hammond organ
Ron Carter – double bass, electric cello
Jack DeJohnette – drums
Michael Cameron – percussion
Albert Nicholson – percussion

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs in February 1971
Album Released in May 1971

~ < < :guitar: > > ~

14 Likes

Yes, Boss!

George Benson Big Boss Band / 2009 Warner / EU CD / 5 Originals Box Set / 8122798365

12 Likes

George Benson - The Shape Of Things To Come - CD (1969)

Joining In with George’s Birthday Celebrations.

14 Likes

Alice Coltrane : Live at Carnegie Hall

12 Likes

A great album @Tabbycat and @Eoink when Coverdale was in his pomp. He always worked the crowd so hard in Whitesnake and seemed so confident, unlike when he first joined Purple.

I have a recording of the radio broadcast from Reading Festival in 1980. It was the first time I heard the band drop ‘Soldier of Fortune’ into the end of ‘Mistreated’ - two of my favourite songs and I was in heaven. Either that or it was my first encounter with a bottle of brandy - I don’t remember much after Snake’s set!

The following year I met my wife (Snow Dog) at a Whitesnake show - that band has a lot to answer for.

2 Likes

A new artist for me @Cmax , but going down very nicely for a Friday afternoon.

2 Likes

Just listened and this is great. Occasionally goes a bit ‘Jackson Jeffrey Jackson’ but overall it is excellent

Glad to be of help, that’s the great feature of this forum, the huge knowledge that’s freely available.

4 Likes

It’s a 2022 concert for World Piano Day, still available on the ARTE Concert channel, but it’s leaving soon. There is another concert of hers on there:

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/116567-002-A/hania-rani/

2 Likes

On Vinyl:
71z1DaXTaSL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blu

16 Likes

Try Stolen Moments, one of Lee Ritenour’s best in my opinion

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue. With Stanley Turrentine on Sax, and the great Ray Barretto on percussion. Needed something smooth, having just returned from a wild night out seeing Flamingods in Manchester with the Sproglet.

21 Likes

Now Playing…

Anaïs Mitchell - Anaïs Mitchell

Anaïs Mitchell (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Aaron Dessner (Electric, Guitar), Alexandra Sopp (Flute), Josh Kaufman (Bass, 12 String Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion), Michael Lewis (Bass, Clarinet, (Tenor Saxophone, Synthesizer), Nadia Sirota (Viola), Nathan Schram (Violin) and Thomas Bartlett (Fender Rhodes, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with Anaïs and along with the talented group of musicians working with her the music is sounding sublime! One very fine album… Life is sweet!

15 Likes

Bert Jansch - Jack Onion - CD (1966)

12 Likes

On Vinyl:

Ron Wood - Gimme Some Neck

8 Likes