What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

First Aid Kit - Ruins - CD (2018)

17 Likes

One of my favourite albums of all time. I’ve resisted listening to it on the updated system until now. It’s bigger, fuller, deeper in every dimension… More attack… wider… yup just about everything… (Which considering how much I’ve just forked out is rather a relief! :joy:)

U2: Achtung Baby

16 Likes

Rolling Stones | Undercover | 1983
It’s not one I play often, how daft is that?

21 Likes

Far from their best, their first three are the go to albums. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Laufey, bewitched. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

‘The Beatles / 1967-1970’ - The Beatles

A predictable Friday evening with The Fabs. I’m not complaining. Good weekend to all.

28 Likes

Taste - On The Boards - The track On The Boards is just brilliant

18 Likes

Le Trio Joubran - Majaz

3 Likes

And probably a little louder than I should !

.sjb

20 Likes

Just had some Peter Green songs in my head today.

20 Likes

Such a good album.

9 Likes

Not unfamiliar with the band, but this was a spontaneous pick. Needless to say, I didn’t make it to the end🫤

2 Likes

Kicking off the evenings listening with this, after reading @AndyP 's post in the new releases thread

41cxZkroDEL.AC
Diane Birch - Bible Belt.

15 Likes

I bought it on this bloke’s recommendation but he looked a bit dodgy to me!:sunglasses:

27 Likes

First listen to this

Elbow - Audio Vertigo

11 Likes

This is an excellent late Sonny Rollins album. Back in 1986 we’d just got married and bought our first house in South Norwood, in sunny south London. I heard that Rollins was coming to the U.K. for one London date, which just happened to be in Croydon, at Fairfield Halls, only two miles away and one stop on the train. It was bloody brilliant.

5 Likes

Jeff Beck - Truth

What a band they could have had it all but Jeff had to do it his way - can’t blame him.

Rod and Ronnie are on top form as is drummer Micky Walker.

Worth buying this album for Jeff’s sleeve notes which are a hoot.

My 16 bit CD rip sound amazing compared with the lacklustre Hi Res.

25 Likes

George Benson + Earl Klugh Collaboration / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795720

13 Likes

NKC. 1957 recording released on CD. It is excellent but also brilliantly recorded.

16 Likes

George Harrison - Extra Texture (Read All About It).

10 Likes