What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Chris Jones & Steve Baker - Smoke & Noise… easy listening with a country feel.
Well produced. Pretty chill for a Saturday.

5 Likes

The Yardbirds - Live at the BBC Revisited

I saw that Tony had a new Yardbirds album, which I’d not seen before, containing tracks I’d not heard before either. I had a look through my Yardbirds collection then went searching on Qobuz. I found several albums I’d not heard on there too, this being one of them. SQ leaves a lot to be desired.

12 Likes

17 Likes

This has just popped through the letterbox, so first play

Mark Knopfler’s Guitar Heroes - Going Home, this could have been a mess, but producer Guy Fletcher has made the track cohesive, considering how many artists he has had to meld together. It’s for a good cause, if nothing else.

12 Likes

Sounding fabulous on Vinyl - Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music

27 Likes

51fTZ7290WL.AC
The Beatles - Rubber Soul.

29 Likes

Some Sibelius. Rouvali/Gothenburg SO.

Not the 4th this morning, but The Wood Nymph and Valse Triste. Rouvali’s latest release in his Sibelius cycle which has been highly impressive thus far.

10 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

Rosali: Bite down, released just yesterday

3 Likes

Listening to this on the LP12 for the first time.

Excellent sound and quality.

14 Likes

22 Likes

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

27 Likes

A rare spin of this ELO from 1977.

28 Likes

Blur - Parklife - CD (1994)

Happy Birthday Damon Albarn 23/03/68 :birthday: singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and record producer.

With Blur he scored the 1994 UK No.1 album ‘Parklife’, which spent over 2 years on the UK chart, and the 1995 UK No. 1 ‘Country House’. Albarn along with Jamie Hewlett formed the ‘virtual band’ Gorillaz who had the 2001 UK No.4 single, ‘Clint Eastwood.’ Other projects include The Good, The Bad & The Queen, (2007 self-titled album with Paul Simonon, Tony Allen and Simon Tong). Albarn’s debut solo studio album Everyday Robots was released in 2014.

20 Likes

Afternoon Tony, do you ever spin side 2 ?

2 Likes

Afternoon Alan,
Depends on mood but usually skip it as SQ is appalling with all those screaming gals in the background, terrible mixing, etc…,

10 Likes

29 Likes

Flamingods - Head of Pomegranate, on pomegranate coloured vinyl. One of the best live bands currently playing the small venue circuit. This is their latest album, and their best. A birthday present from my daughter, given just before we went to see the band at The White Hotel in Salford. She tipped the band off that I was celebrating, and they very kindly gave me a signed EP. Nice bunch of chaps.

5 Likes