What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

There we go! Savoy Brown - Blue Matter.

11 Likes

Enjoying…

Agnès Obel | ‘Aventine’

Overtones of ‘London Grammar’ vocals but with a unique style. Expansive soundstage and some hard-hitting piano playing (at times) makes for an interesting album. Some nicely recorded strings accompaniment.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/48
ERA-1s

15 Likes

Agree, but I still prefer the original 1969 mix though.

It’s been my favourite Dead album since its release. Just wonderful. I own so many copies it’s embarrassing, lol. Even on the wall…

7 Likes

@Steve_S made me do it. Really loud. Really good.

24 Likes

Enjoying…

Agnes Obel | ‘Myopia’

Finishing up with this more recent and mature production from Agnes. Atmospheric.

The ‘voicing’ on final track ‘Won’t You Call Me’ is amazing, especially with headphones.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/44.1
ERA-1s

13 Likes

Sade, lovers rock. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

George Benson In Flight / Warner / Germany CD / 256327

9 Likes

One more. I’ll regret this tomorrow. Sort of.

20 Likes

Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA (2011 limited edition)

Third album by Blackfield and one of the poppiest, slickest collection of songs Steven Wilson’s attached his name to. Catchy, eminently listenable (my wife quite enjoyed it) but with enough venom oozing in the margins to draw blood when you least expect it.

I always thought this was a solid recording but revisiting it through my new Rega/Shelter/Esoteric analog combo rendered me speechless at times. Some truly demo-worthy cuts refined to the nth degree. A must listen.

7 Likes

Thanks @Taake giving this a listen and really enjoying it!
Will have to explore more of Blackfield’s releases. :smiley:

2 Likes

@twofifty I believe @Tabbycat’s version is the original release and the re-releases have a different cover and contain the single “Reward”.

R.E.M - Out Of Time - CD (1991)

R.E.M.scored their first UK No.1 album with their seventh LP Out Of Time featuring the singles ‘Losing My Religion’ (which became R.E.M.'s highest-charting hit in the US, reaching No.4), and ‘Shiny Happy People.’ The video for ‘Losing My Religion’ won two Grammy Awards and six [MTV]Awards.

25 Likes

Goldfrapp, felt mountain. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Neil Young - Freedom

After the Geffen period old Neil took stock and in 1989 produced this wonderful album. Each track is pure gold especially Eldorado.

I love the way the songs start, draw you in and end in a barrage of distorted guitar overdrive.

Contains one my favourite songs On Broadway.

27 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, letter to you. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Alice Coltrane - Carnegie Hall Concert, 23/2/71

Joining in the joy of this release on Qobuz.

14 Likes

Check out ‘Semi Detached Mock Tudor’ some great solos. Unfortunately only on CD, & streaming I suppose.

2 Likes

Totally agree, it’s also a pity that it’s hard to get their first two albums. The first overseas release was a combination of the 2 and know the only option.

2 Likes

10 Likes

“Tiny Reminders” - Two Lone Swordsmen (2000).

2 Likes