What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Yeah they had this timeless feel about them didnt they. Transported you to a place in keeping with the music.Nursery Chryme is a favourite of mine.I can imagine if you where in a record shop when it was released and didn’t know Genesis you would be a bit intrigued who they were.
I really rate the Hipnosis covers as well.Especially Trick as it has the characters of the songs on the cover and the lettering of the their logo was perfect.
Just works so well on gatefold sleeve…CD 's you dont get that feel…as for streaming…whats that…just a block on a screen …no tactile feel about it at all.
The Lamb and Wind And Wuthering also impressive.
And Then There Where Three is fabulous …love the sky on that cover.

Wishing you and your Mrs a fine weekend
Cheers Ian

4 Likes

Loving on CD - Meet The Eels - Essential Eels Vol 1 - 1996 - 2006

15 Likes

Picked up a lovely condition USA vinyl 80s rerelease recently. Cry Of Love was Hendrix’s first posthumous release I believe. It’s nowhere near as good as the 3 albums released during his life but it’s enough to show there was much to come. Think First Rays of the New Rising Sun makes a better stab at constructing what might have been but this is still a great listen.

15 Likes

Honoring Mr Pollini, RIP

8 Likes

King crimson, larks’ tongues in aspic
82fd8524fa7cb14ac649874b27f64c68

17 Likes

13 Likes

Really i wanted to spin this…:grimacing:

10 Likes

20 Likes

Yardbirds/Beck activity on here prompted me to give this recent s/h vinyl purchase another spin. Not afraid to admit I love Hi Ho Silver Lining. Bring’s back many happy memories. Beck really was the GOAT. His range is immense.

17 Likes

Yes Ian, one of the joys of having a collection I suppose, all those interesting covers.
I really like the style of those early jazz covers, this one by a young Andy Warhol
2a34d8_0760dc83ccd34228b46a2865021b2035mv2
Have a great weekend.
Steve

5 Likes

god of all twanginess

3 Likes

9 Likes

On CD:
510QO8uSUrL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Jools Holland - The Informer

5 Likes

John Mayer - Sob Rock.

11 Likes

Hootie and the Blowfish. CD. 1994. Packed full of catchy rocky tracks.

“Released to positive critical reviews, it eventually became one of the highest-selling albums in the United States, and also one of the best-selling albums worldwide, with over 20 million units” WIKI.

11 Likes

7 Likes

Makes an interesting mashup with my downstairs neighbours bass-driven pop/EDM/whateveritis that’s rattling our floorboards.

Philip Glass
Einstein On The Beach
PG Ensemble, Michael Riesman
Sony

8 Likes

I never tire of this album.

29 Likes

Sounding sublime live Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads

21 Likes

Agnes Obel - Aventine

16 Likes