What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

No excuse needed to play some Duke:

11 Likes

Great album ‘Afro-Bossa’ !

From the Bobby Hutcherson Mosaic Select CD box.

6 Likes

This one leaves you breathless. Think it tired Scott out as well as he moved into the folky world of Fisherman’s Blues next which I personally find uninteresting. This is the one for me. Vinyl.

11 Likes

Tom Petty Full Moon Fever / 1989 MCA / US CD / MCAD6253

23 Likes

My kids had a party at home and played some music with friends, there was agreement that the Naim system sounded spectacular.

I was surprised to find this in the Roon recent activity, it is one of my favorite groups.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Getaway, 2016.

15 Likes

2 Likes

‘Quartet’ - Ultravox

Produced by George Martin, Engineered by Geoff Emerick, Artwork by Peter Saville. One of my favourite albums of the '80s.

‘Visions in Blue’ is a tremendous track. The video was considered too racy for Top of the Pops.

16 Likes

The Cars - Heartbeat City - CD (1984)

It would have been Ric Ocasek’s 80th Birthday today 23/03/44

Singer, songwriter, musician, and producer Ric Ocasek from The Cars. Their early hits included ‘Just What I Needed’, ‘My Best Friend’s Girl’ and ‘Good Times Roll’. Their 1984 US No.3 & 1985 UK No.4 ‘Drive’ was used as part of the soundtrack for the Live Aid concert. Ocasek was found dead in his New York City apartment on 15 September 2019, he was 75

20 Likes

The definitive Stones live album? It’s certainly got the definitive “Midnight Rambler” on it.

18 Likes

8 Likes

Best fans,inevitable result :wink:

1 Like

Gary Numan - Savage (Songs From A Broken World)

16 Likes

26 Likes

Procol Harum - Procol Harum - CD (1967)

It’s a year ago today, Keith Reid from Procol Harum, died aged 76 from colon cancer. They scored the 1967 UK No.1 & US No.5 single ‘A Whiter Shade Of Pale’ (one of the few singles to have sold over 10 million copies) and the hits ‘Homburg’, ‘Conquistador’. Reid wrote all the band’s lyrics, but was not a performing member. As a songwriter, he also co-wrote ‘You’re the Voice’, a UK 1986 top-10 hit for Australian singer John Farnham.

21 Likes

Buena Vista Social Club.

25 Likes

It’s been another (mostly) day of the Dead.

Currently, disc 2 of Europe ‘72.

13 Likes

Stuff the “rock operas” and “proper” songs, I like the Who best when they’re making a terrible din, as on…

28 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan, all my friends. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Olivia Rodrigo: Guts (spilled)

4 Likes

Just unbelievable. Wonderful stuff!:fire:

8 Likes