What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I am with you about that album Steve
Their last album which was descent and its got some good tracks like Mama and Home By The Sea but a few so so tracks like Illegal Alien.Thats All could be on a Phil Collins album although I like it
I saw them in 1984 at the NEC in Birmingham on the Mama tour and my mates and I drove up and at a service station we bumped into Mike Rutherford who was driving up to the concert.I always remember he had a Mercedes coupe.
One of my mates said are you who I think you are ?.And he said yes are you going to the gig.
He signed autographs and was absolutely charming really lovely chap
The gig was great with fabulous sound and an amazing light show with their vari lights

Cheers Ian

4 Likes

A retrospective collection of Blues Legend BB king

14 Likes

Grateful Dead - Sunshine Daydream - 3 CD set

Recorded in Veneta Oregon 27th August 1972. Only officially released in 2013. The complete concert at almost 3 hrs in pristine sound quality.

11 Likes

Reminded of this album by a post from @Clive the other day - had to buy the CD. God knows where my original vinyl went.
King Crimson - Larks Tongues in Aspic.

14 Likes

1984 vinyl release, sound much improved after a Degritter clean!! :sunglasses: :+1: :grin: :notes:

16 Likes

First listen to the new album via Qobuz and I’m liking what I’m hearing…

Elbow - Audio Vertigo

10 Likes

There’s so many different aspects of The Dead’s music here, it’s breathtaking and brilliant.

Some more straightforward bluesy moments, alongside many transcendent, multi-genre fusion departures.

The influences on, let’s say Wilco, Jay Farrar/ Ryan Adams really comes to the fore here. cf. the peerless Unbroken Chain sung by Phil
Leah.

From The Mars Hotel/Grateful Dead (1974).

11 Likes

These are the most fun, fast and groovy tracks I’ve heard in ages:

The rest of Molina’s stuff looks cheesy, but this amazing drummer rips the track along and the bassist hangs on for the ride and the pianist seems to be aware of how well it’s going.

3 Likes

Fleetwood Mac. 1975. Vinyl. I play this more than Rumours and prefer it slightly I think.

“During the recording sessions, bassist John McVie clashed with Buckingham over creative decisions made in the studio, particularly over some of the album’s bass parts. McVie reminded Buckingham that “The band you’re in is Fleetwood Mac. I’m the Mac. And I play the bass.”” WIKI.

21 Likes

Enjoying this album - not as wild and imposing as I expected it to be.

2 Likes

IMG_0711

The Cinematic Orchestra - Man With A Movie Camera…
2023 20th Anniversary Edition on grey and white limited edition vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1: :grin:

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Waxahatchee - Tigers Blood

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Waxahatchee’s latest album, released March 21st, and Katie and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

Live/Dead (1969).

One of the greatest Dark Star’s kicks off this blissful album.

9 Likes

John Prine - Bruised Orange - CD (1978)

Had to give John a spin today, there’s too many greats passing to the great gig in the sky.

9 Likes

The new album from Four Tet -‘Three’. A lovely slice of ambient electronica

3 Likes

The original CD and therefore the original mix. I couldn’t get used to the remixed version in the Golden Road box. But my original U.K. LP can’t be bettered! What really strikes me with the LP is the way Bill Kreutzmann drives the dynamics of Dark Star.

1 Like

2015 Linn Records ‘45rpm Supercut’ vinyl release… :notes: :+1: :grin:

8 Likes

Japan. Tin Drum. 1983. It is a long way from their first album in 78. Wonderful fretless bass from Mick Karn, and no 6 string guitars at all.

27 Likes

Bit dated, still enjoyable and ‘Goodnight Saigon’ remains as impressive but omnious as ever…

11 Likes

15 mile Yorkshire Wolds Way walk a couple of beers and now this. Bliss! Vinyl copy in my Juno basket.

10 Likes