What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2021 Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :grin: :+1:

24 Likes

What vinyl version is this @DrMark? I had a reissue copy but it was awful sounding. Actually, it was so lifeless it was unlistenable and I disposed of it. Would love a great copy.

Has anyone out there heard the recently released Abbey Road Half Speed remaster?

Another one I want on vinyl.

2 Likes

I’m no lover (or even liker) of Prog, but I have a very few albums of it that cut my mustard. This is one of em. Bought it originally cos I thought they were a Krautrock band :laughing:

Nektar
Sounds Like This
Bellaphon
German reissue 1990

5 Likes

Nice sound, considering it was made more than 80 years ago!

11 Likes

@TheKevster

My favourite Ellington is still New Orleans Suite, Kev. Lucked into a US import copy when I was but a sped-up kid…brilliant. Desert island disc.

2 Likes

I appear to be stuck in the 80s. Reminds me of pretentious dinner parties in the early 90s.
Enjoyable to sing along whilst doing the sunday roast.

9 Likes

On CD:-

Weather Report - Black Market

15 Likes

‘Trans Europa Express’ - Kraftwerk

Timeless.

27 Likes

In the mood for some rhythm, soul and peace of mind.
“…while the world is going down we make the best of what’s still around…”

Patrice Rushen - Patrice
US 1978

5 Likes

LVB. Vinyl. Kempff. A £2 Charity shop find in mint. Recorded in 64 I think. Lovely.

12 Likes

Blast for the past, Tim Finn, Big Canoe, loved this album back in the day.

5 Likes

Freedom/Neil Young.

My early CD sounds way better than the clumpy Apple Music stream.

20 Likes

One of the lightest (in weight) vinyls i own. Great record but unlistenable and boring on the internet…

2 Likes

Christy Moore - On the Road

8 Likes

10 Likes

Agree I can sit and listen to his work for hours - sadly taken far too early from us.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Songs reworked, her voice still top notch.

3 Likes

9 Likes