What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

6 Likes

Eurythmics, sweet dreams are made of this. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

I pondered over this, before choosing Welcome, but I didn’t fancy a marathon :grinning:

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline.

18 Likes

3 Likes

Great production for these four (sorry but five :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:)
It’s a “generic” 88 pressing but good

1 Like

Volume 2 of the forthcoming Auger vinyl reissues on Soul Bank…

9 Likes

Retreating still further into the back catalogue. Piper beats this for me but I see Nick Mason has this as his favourite Floyd album. Uniti Core.

18 Likes

15 Likes

1st run

7 Likes

Van Morrison - Enlightenment.

13 Likes

Great album.

Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm (2004 pressing)

Man, has it really been 20 years since this came out? A brooding maelstrom of primal introspection and savage eruptions, this doom/post-metal album snatches the soul from your body and takes it on a journey that leaves you shaken and stirred.

As it had been so long since I last listened to it I’m happy to report the recording is very good with some startling dynamics that made me jump at times. The pressing’s a bit noisy but that’s likely because I didn’t give it the TLC it deserved being one of my first record purchases.

4 Likes

Blue hotel

Do you remember CD singles? This is a good one, Blue Hotel, Wicked Game and Wrong to love you, which sound like a young John Cougar Mellencamp. Sounds surprisingly good for a 90s CD

9 Likes

Eagles, hell freezes over. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

Opeth - Damnation (2008 re-issue)

Originally intended to be part of a double-album but instead was released some 6 months after Deliverance, Damnation is a mellow, flared-jeans 70s prog love-letter, with the former focused on spine-snapping death metal. I chucked this on to test out my new Rega/Shelter combo and sure enough this comfy jumper of an album warmed the room with its mellifluous tones. An audiophile treat that never fails to elicit “oohs” and “aaahs.”

8 Likes

Enjoying…

Blondie | Parallel Lines (Deluxe Collector’s Edition)

Reliving sounds from one of the formative artists in my early secondary school days. Introduced to this rebellious album by my first girlfriend’s older brother. Such an exciting and adorable rebel, just as second wave punk and new wave came crashing onto the UK scene.

‘Heart of Glass’ and ‘Sunday Girl’ special tracks for me.
I have the original singles in the loft IIRC.

Sublime…
Qobuz 16/44.1

24 Likes

4 Likes

Adrianne Leneker

2 Likes

21 Likes