What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

11 Likes

10 Likes

Chick Corea Elektric Band Paint The World / 1993 GRP / France CD / GRP97412

5 Likes

“Roll to me” and “It might as well be me”
Great band.
Justin Currie (on the left) has Parkinson, will eventually stop him performing. Heartbreaking :broken_heart:

10 Likes

I am big Ketil Bjornstad fan and religiously track down and buy all his releases. I bought this a few years ago and somehow dismissed it and only part played it. Have played it today and it is quite glorious. Guess that shows I just wasn’t in the mood before, now very much in the play again box.

4 Likes

Joy Division - Still (Collectors Edition) - CD (1981)

16 Likes

Enjoying…

Another highly influential band in the late ‘70s for me.

‘Roxanne’ is sooooo good!

So many to choose from, so dug out this greatest hits compilation from Qobuz.

Sublime…
Qobuz
16/44.1

22 Likes

I think Lana’s music is very clever. She got me hooked.

18 Likes

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone (2004 re-issue)

A fuzzed-out, blood-curdling journey into the gnashing maw of pleasure and pain, with riffs so crushing and oppressive that not even light can escape the inky blackness within. On the doom metal scale, if you were to draw a line between Black Sabbath and Sunn 0))) then Dopethrone errs towards the latter, suffocating the listener with walls of sludgy riffs and demented feedback but still with enough clarity and chord progression to keep the listener noddin’ along as they careen of the cliff of sanity and into the pits of hell.

As for the sound, this hardly counts as audiophile fare but equally most “audiophile” set-ups grown fat and feckless from an indulgent diet of breathy female vocalists and bloodless elevator jazz bleating would break in half trying to resolve a fraction of the chaos etched in the groove walls. I often laugh reading hi-fi reviews, rolling my eyes at the music chosen to “stress test” the equipment, knowing full well that it’s being treated with kid gloves when something like the above would truly separate the wheat from the chaff.

9 Likes

Love it :ok_hand:t3:
Can I add Proggy widdling? :laughing:

2 Likes

@Taake
Oh yeah, these boys (and later boys and girl) certainly lay it on heavy with a capital H
Crushingly excellent

1 Like

Saw Larkin Poe mentioned on Facebook for some reason and thought that as I don’t remember listening to their stuff, I would.
Didn’t know where to start so started here…
Self Made Man

9 Likes

@jeroen524 Long time since I listened to this, so joining you.

Del Amitri - Twisted

8 Likes

Stanley Turrentine - Sugar. What a line-up. Streaming on Qobuz, but have the MOV reissue on order.

10 Likes

Mozart Complete Piano Concertos Vol 2

9 Likes

Moving on to my current Go-To late night listen (with hot chocolate)
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Seeker

3 Likes

Funnily enough, I spent some time last week convinced I had a copy on vinyl but have also resorted to ordering a CD
so gave this a whirl:

6 Likes

Charlie Parker at Storyville

Compiled from two performances in 1953. Sound is what might be expected from the time, but performances are top notch.

4 Likes

Elton John - Elton John - CD (1970)

Happy Birthday :birthday: :partying_face: Sir Elton John 25/03/47

Sir Elton John singer, songwriter, pianist, (Reginald Dwight), who had the 1971 UK No.7 single ‘Your Song’, the 1973 US No.1 single ‘Crocodile Rock’ along with seven other US No.1’s. He had the biggest selling single of all time in 1997 with ‘Candle In The Wind 97’, plus has scored over 50 UK Top 40 hit singles. John has sold over 150m records worldwide. Elton and Bernie Taupin wrote the No.1 (with Kiki Dee) ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’ under the pseudonyms Ann Orson and Carte Blanche. Some of the aliases Sir Elton has used checking into hotels include, Prince Fooboo, Sir Humphrey Handbag, Lillian Lollipop, Lord Choc Ice, Lord Elpus, Binky Poodleclip and Sir Henry Poodle. Elton John’s official nickname is Rocket Man.

19 Likes

The Corries

The Lads Among Heather Volume 1

Joining @A-Fin playing The Corries, been a long time since I last played any of their albums.

Edward

6 Likes