What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Mrs Fin has a great playlist with Apple Music that has Sunday Driver and many other really funny ones. I need to find out what the Album is so I can buy it… Qobuz doesn’t have as many of their albums as Apple does. Quality act!!

1 Like

Some Usher on in the background whilst working, Back Home album on transparent vinyl. Immaculate production.

2 Likes

I never quite got on with the Corries but I grew up with this and I still play it at intervals.
R-2230999-1319543752

4 Likes

An immersive album. Can’t remember ever buying a heavy metal album (do Budgie count?). Earth I think were originally badged as ‘drone’ metal. Whatever, this one’s a slow moving, almost stately infact, album of melodic guitar music which gives the system (and neighbours) a really good work out. Long time since I played it. Might need to dig out Sunn O))) [mentioned by Taake yesterday] next. Uniti Core. Play loud.

5 Likes

Marcus Miller The Sun Don’t Lie / 1993 PRA / Japan CD / VICJ5042

5 Likes

Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman (2020 Mix)
From the beautiful Tea For The Tillerman 50th Anniversary SDE box set.

22 Likes

Took me awhile to adjust to the ‘new’ Earth style having loved Dylan’s mob when they more, er… drone und drang ( Earth2, Pentastar, Thrones & Dominions ) but I came around. Good stuff.

Sunn are always worth a listen, natch.
And try Boris.

3 Likes

The Corries

Stovies

Edward

3 Likes

Aretha Franklin - Young, Gifted And Black - CD (1972)

American singer and songwriter Aretha Franklin, would have been 82 today, The Queen of Soul, who had the 1967 US No.1 & UK No.10 single ‘Respect’, the 1968 UK No.4 single ‘I Say A Little Prayer’ and the 1987 UK No.1 single with George Michael, ‘I Knew You Were Waiting’. She scored over 15 other Top 40 hits and won 18 Grammys during her career. Franklin died on August 16, 2018 in Detroit at the age of 76 after being diagnosed with cancer in 2010.

10 Likes

Hayden Thorpe, Diviner, gorgeously crafted tunes from the ex Wild Beasts frontman.

What a band they were live.

2 Likes

Cat Stevens - Live At The Troubadour 1970
From the Tea For The Tillerman 50th Anniversary SDE box set.

15 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan - All My Friends
CD|2024

7 Likes

Miles Davis Amandla / 2002 Warner / German CD / 8122736112

14 Likes

Cat Stevens - Teaser and The Firecat

26 Likes

Cat Stevens - Catch Bull At Four

16 Likes

19 albums into their career, a change of direction, and we have this orchestral/piano beauty. Music on the grand scale. Excellent SQ. Uniti Core.

6 Likes

Waxahatchee – Tigers Blood
CD|2024

First listen. Enjoying so far.

11 Likes

Excellent, thanks :+1:t2: the Bantam song creases me up every time!

1 Like

Gary Burton & Friends Departure / 1997 Concord / US CD / CCD47492

Vibraphone Gary Burton
Bass John Patitucci
Piano Fred Hersch
Guitar John Scofield
Drums Peter Erskine

6 Likes

Mandolin Orange - Blindfaller

10 Likes