What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Angus & Julia Stone - Down The Way
Via Tidal Stream 16/44.1

This album is just fantastic. Great SQ and instrumentation, wonderful voices that show unique harmony and a special kind of fragility. Just love them. Thanks to Tidal algorithms! :+1:

10 Likes

Mandolin Orange - Tides of Teardrop

8 Likes

JMM Equinoxe Infinity.

A sequel to the original Equinoxe should have failed miserably. It didn’t in my view. This is a stand alone work but you can hear the continuation, if that makes sense. Wonderful storytelling and beautiful soundscapes.

Local CD rip streaming via ND5XS2 then onto headphones.

Probably the recent Versailles 400 Live album will be next.

4 Likes

Scott Walker - Scott - CD (1967)

On The 25th March 2019 Scott Walker singer with The Walker Brothers died age 76. The US star found fame as a teen idol in The Walker Brothers, scoring hits with ‘The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore’ and ‘Make It Easy On Yourself’. He lived in the UK from 1965 and became a British citizen in 1970. Walker began a solo career with 1967’s Scott, moving toward an increasingly challenging baroque pop style on late '60s albums such as Scott 3 (1969) and Scott 4 (1969). As a record producer or guest performer, he worked with a number of artists including Pulp, Ute Lemper and Bat for Lashes.

20 Likes

From the Hutcherson Mosaic Select box.

10 Likes

Can’t Slow Down

Lionel Richie

• Released on 1/1/83 by Motown
  • Distinctions: The Qobuz Essential Discography

13 Likes

Tragically Hip | Day for Night | 1994
Always good to listen to some Candadian rock from the Hip and this one is having it’s 30th anniversary.

9 Likes

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love (2018 remastered)

27 Likes

Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time

16 Likes

Majko stara!

1 Like

An absolute classic.

25 Likes

Yello - Touch

15 Likes

In memory of Scott’s passing, his collaboration with the mighty Sunn 0)), Soused. On double vinyl:

13 Likes

1st run

9 Likes

Welcome my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :heart: :mending_heart:

Strange puppy this one. At first he is really proud to be on the cover as a baby and then he sues the band for harassment and causing mental health issues. Only in America!

Great record btw.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton deluxe edition, spinning the original Tom Dowd mix.

13 Likes

Thanks @jeroen524 I never knew any of that.

1 Like

Sounding fabulous on CD - Rory Gallagher - Etched In Blue :smile_cat:

16 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan, all my friends. :smiling_face:

7 Likes