What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks for reminding me of this, love this album.
Guess what I am playing…yep - sounds better than ever.

2 Likes

This is one of the Hyperion releases I downloaded, just short of 5 euros on Qobuz…… is sometimes painful to see when whole collections are discounted for which you paid good money before….

5 Likes

I’ve only just discovered it/bought the CD & have to say I’m staggered by the number of albums the Mael brothers have released & the quality of this particular album. I’d not really gone any further than Kimono until now. More negligence on my part.

1 Like

More from the late great Mr Walker/Engel, who we remember today. 1995’s Tilt.

10 Likes

17 Likes

Dancer - 10 songs I hate about you.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, downloaded… the sublime discounts can be quite dramatic at times!

1 Like

10 Likes

Shelagh McDonald - Stargazer.
Particularly love the title track & Odyssey.

2 Likes

Patto - Hold Your Fire.
Featuring the wonderful Ollie Halsall on guitar & vibes.

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is really rather good.

10 Likes

When I was at Uni I’d do a bit of DJing at the local pub, the wonderful Mermaid Inn in Brysiencyn. My mate Tim could do the John Travolta moves perfectly. One night he took his white jacket off while dancing, twirled it over his head, and let it go. I put my arm out of the booth and caught it. We’d never rehearsed it but it worked perfectly. That’s why I love this song.

21 Likes

3 Likes

A regular go to album when I want something beautifully recorded, exquisitely produced and performed and relaxing. Uniti Core.

17 Likes

The Allman Bros. Band - Wipe The Windows, Check The Oil, Dollar Oil, a compilation live album, drawn from concerts a couple of years after the loss of D. Allman and Oakley. Therefore, featuring the addition of Chuck Leavell, and Dickie Betts doing the heavy lifting on guitar.

11 Likes

Passed me by in 1995, a strange one, but some great individual tracks.

.sjb

11 Likes

Scott Walker - Scott 2 - CD (1968)

Another favourite Scott Album

14 Likes

Another fantastic recent release.

8 Likes

28 Likes