What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

5 Likes

John Coltrane - Crescent

While drinking coffee, eating scones and reading Kerouac’s On the Road. What could be better?

18 Likes

A big downside (for me) of NY releasing so much archive and occasional new stuff in the last decade or so, is that there’s a danger absolute gems like this go by barely noticed.

I bought both vinyl and CD sets at the time, and filed away after a cursory listen.

Stonking SQ, fantastic playing and great set list.

Way Down In The Rust Bucket/NY & Crazy Horse.

From the pre-Ragged Glory big tour.

Great to hear a couple of transformative live versions of songs from Reactor LP, amongst the faves and Ragged Glory juggernauts.

13 Likes

Some Simple Minds to accompany the day’s chores.

19 Likes

On CD:-

Big Big Train - The Likes Of Us

10 Likes

Lady Blackbird, black acid soul. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

David Bowie - ChangesNowBowie

22 Likes

Not listened to this for a while - great !!!

21 Likes

Eric Bibb - Dear America

11 Likes

Mavis Staples – Have A Little Faith
CD|2004

15 Likes

Good Call!

<<>>

Ben Webster was born on this day in 1909

born on 27th March 1909 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA :us:

Benjamin Francis Webster (1909-1973)

13 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Good To Be…

16 Likes

Ian Dury - New Boots And Panties!! - CD (1977)

Its 24 years ago today 27/03/2000, Singer, songwriter, poet and actor, Ian Dury died after a long battle with cancer aged 57. Dury had been disabled by polio as a child, formed Kilburn and the High Roads during the 70s. His first album New Boot’s And Panties became a punk classic spending 90 weeks on the UK chart.

27 Likes

Golden oldie - LP - The Peddlers - Birthday !

6 Likes

He thought he caught Polio in the sea pool at Southend…….i used to play there too. Not sure i could have been as tough as him. I know of a few kids back then that got Polio……not sure why as i remember the sugar lump and dose at School.

3 Likes

John Smith – The Living Kind
CD|2024

Forget who posted this first, but picked up after seeing on the thread and having enjoyed “Hummingbird”. A few songs in and liking it so far.

5 Likes

I remember having the sugar lump at school too, plus the nit inspections, Happy days!

2 Likes

Elles Springs - Reveal

6 Likes

26 Likes

I can recommend tracking down …Lord Large album The Lords First XI…with Roy Phillips on the track Closer…fabulous voice. Another album I bought for one track.

1 Like