What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Hi James, i believe the BMG releases from '16 are the exact same as released prior on Sony. As you say, the first few with the SW remixes and then BSS with the Jakko Jakszyk remix. Also, the later releases do not have a 5.1 surround mix and are therefore double disc sets.

2 Likes

Been playing the album this afternoon, agree on Visions In Blue, not sure there are many better thoroughly ‘new romantic’ songs out there? Visage/Ultravox certainly had the market cornered '78 onwards with a lot of the early classics.
I note with interest that Steven Wilson fiddled with Quartet fairly recently.
I’ll give that a swerve then :rofl:

15 Likes

Afternoon old boy, saw this cheap in HMV yesterday, tempted for a few seconds, but I don’t think I need three copies of the main album.

1 Like

Really enjoying…

Judas Priest | Invincible Shield

Seeking a bit more energy and tempo and ‘flicking about’ on the Naim/Qobuz app, decided to pull up the latest album (2024) from Birmingham metal band that was a favourite back in my schooldays.

Wow, if metal has ever been so well crafted and performed this studio album has it all imho.

First three tracks have so much energy in the guitar riffs and immense pace of drumming. Surprisingly, even with headphones on this is highly tolerable for ‘almost thrash’. Usual metal unimaginative lyrics, but hey, the musical performance is awesome and enjoyable and a superbly produced studio album.

An eye opener! The drumming on ‘Invincible Shield’ is obscenely fast but surprisingly entertaining. And the lead singer is now in his 70s - kudos! :grinning:

Great effort JP! :facepunch:

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/48.0
ERA-1s

9 Likes

Yes, that was a serious misstep, not making the live album available separately, for those keen Stones fans like myself, who rushed out on day one to buy the original. :roll_eyes:

Still, there’s always yon Tidal thingy, innit.

4 Likes

Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy - 1997

I’ve not been in a sweaty festival tent for a while now.

10 Likes

Faye Webster – Underdressed At The Symphony
CD|2024

Indie pop. After hearing “But Not Kiss” on SiriusXMU channel for a few months, bought this on release. Enjoyable album.

7 Likes

This new remix by Dweezil Zappa is stunningly good. He has managed to uncover levels of detail and inject an energy that makes it like hearing the album for the first time.
Some remixes leave me thinking meh…
This is essential listening for fans of DP or groundbreaking (in its day) hard rock.

As a related aside… off to see JC Superstar tomorrow. For those who didnt know Ian Gillan sang the role of Jesus on the original soundtrack release.

4 Likes

Snap… was about to post the same album.

1 Like

The nrew ECM Luminessence reissue; great album, great sound…

7 Likes

Ultravox

The Very Best of Ultravox

Edward

18 Likes

Saw this is released tomorrow 29th March - what is your impressions - any good?

quick edit - found a couple of vids of tracks of the studio sessions - don’t think I will bother with the album - still interested to hear your thought, cheers.

Going back to 1970 to start my nights listening with Andwella - Worlds End.
Surprisingly, still a good listen after all these years.

2 Likes

Gary Numan - Intruder Ltd Red Vinyl Edition

5 Likes

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets - Live at the Roundhouse

19 Likes

Waxahatchee – Tigers Blood
CD|2024

Indie rock. Been enjoying this since it was released this month.

14 Likes

Starting the Easter break with this :+1:

10 Likes

Talking Heads - Remain In Light

20 Likes

I have played this one by Sparks every day this week since a reminder by one of our own - twofifty.

9 Likes