What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bloody predictive texticles!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Eric Clapton - 24 Nights: Blues, showcasing amongst others, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Vaughan and Albert Collins.

15 Likes

23 Likes

I do like Peter Gabriel - though, unfortunately, I’ve looked like that after too many glasses of the good stuff the following morning :wine_glass:.

Enjoy the vino and vinyl, Ian.

3 Likes

The Stockholm Cathedral Choir, now the green blade riseth. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ultravox - Vienna - 1980

No way this was not getting a spin tonight after playing Quartet earlier today. Oh my word :+1:

21 Likes

Heehee, many fit into that category but we look pass that for the beauty inside. I’d still prefer to have many more years of Karen’s sweet singing even if she does that in every one of her mv. :smiling_face:

Thank you @Tony. :blush:

4 Likes

Another of those great Soul Jazz double compilations…

8 Likes

More from the Joe Henderson Milestone CD box - ‘Canyon Lady’.

3 Likes

Jeff Beck and The Big Town Playboys - Crazy Legs

8 Likes

Middle Kids: Faith Crisis Pt1

2 Likes

Laufey, bewitched. Yep, I am bewitched. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Al Kooper - New York City (You’re A Woman)

6 Likes

Enjoying…

this superb KOL album from (can you believe it) recorded almost 20 years ago?!

Kings Of Leon | ‘Aha Shake Heartbreak’

So many agreeable tracks but my faves include ‘The Bucket’, ‘Milk’ and ‘Taper Jean Girl’.

A quality recording - one of the best and originals from the Followill chaps.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/192
ERA-1s

12 Likes

It is ok nothing to write home about. All the tracks are just Sharleen, back up vocalists along with Spooner and strings on some songs. No drums or guitar. Don’t think it would be one you reach out to pick up to play much.

1 Like

DWSR500

11 Likes

Gabriel released German language versions of both his third and fourth albums. I have them up in loft, I think. I might go and investigate tomorrow…

2 Likes

Paradise Lost - As I Die EP (Original 1992 pressing, 45rpm)

Easily one of my favorite EPs. An album single, B-side, a cover and a live track - all blended together with the visceral gothic death/doom that Paradise Lost had honed to a sharpened point at this (relatively) early stage in their career.

Love throwing this on whenever I get new gear and boy has it never sounded better, revealing so much detail and inflection in Nick Holmes’ growls with the instruments alive, crisp and deep in the room.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Grayfolded/Grateful Dead & John Oswald (1995).

Playing the Transitive Axis disc.

Two hours of Dark Star performances
re/deconstructed. Becomes ever more Orb-esque with each phase.

An utterly brilliant nocturnal listening experience.

7 Likes