What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bob Dylan - Biograph a 6 album box set

17 Likes

Live at the London Palladium, Marvin Gaye, 1977.

In memory on the 40th anniversary of his passing away.

13 Likes

LP - Chrysalis 1984 : )

<<>>

Ultravox - The Collection

Chris Cross – bass, synthesisers, backing vocals
Warren Cann – drums, electronic percussion, backing vocals
Billy Currie – synthesisers, piano, violin, viola
Midge Ure – lead vocals, guitars, synthesisers

The Collection is a greatest hits album by British band Ultravox, released on 2 November 1984 by Chrysalis Records. It includes all fourteen of the band’s hit singles on Chrysalis from 1980 to 1984, including “Love’s Great Adventure”, released ahead of the album on 12 October 1984 as a stand-alone single.

~ < < > > ~

Happy Birthday Billy Currie! :birthday: :partying_face:

born on 1st April 1950 in Huddersfield, England :uk:

22 Likes

Now playing…

Amanda Whiting - The Liminality of Her

Amanda Whiting (Harp), Mark O’Connor (Percussion), Aidan Thorne (Bass) and Jon Reynolds (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… a mention in the past couple of days had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the first couple of traps are fabulous. Enjoying the music and thanks to the original poster for posting… (old man thought he would remember but no that is not the case this morning!)

4 Likes

Ronnie Lane - Anymore For Anymore - CD (1975)

It would have been Ronnie Lane’s 78th Birthday today, Ronnie was bass player and vocalist with ‘Small Faces’ who had a 1967 UK No.3 & US No.16 single with ‘Itchycoo Park’ and a 1968 UK No.1 album with ‘Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake’. As Faces they had a 1972 UK No.6 & US No.17 single with ‘Stay With Me’. Ronnie then formed Slim Chance, who had a 1974 UK No.5 single with ‘How Come’. He died on June 4th 1997, aged 51, after a 20 year battle with multiple sclerosis.

14 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls, on hdcd.

27 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones - flying cowboys

16 Likes

71ZoCDPPcEL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Beth Hart - War in my Mind

12 Likes

John Parr

Running The Endless Mile

Listening on Qobuz.

Edward

1 Like

One of the best live albums imo

30 Likes

Fantastic album.

1 Like

images
The latest Sarah Shook and the Disarmers set

2 Likes

Now playing…

Aoife O’Donovan - All My Friends

Aoife O’Donovan (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitars, Piano, Rhodes), Alan Hampton (Bass, Vocals), Griffin Goldsmith (Drums, Percussion , Rob Burger (Accordion, Keyboard), Noam Pikelny (Banjo), Sierra Hull (Mandolin), Jim Fitting Harmonica), Luke Reynolds (Pedal Steel),Anais Mitchell (Vocals), Andy Clausen (Trombone), Willem De Koch (Trombone), Riley Mulkerhar (Trumpet), Chloe Rowlands (Trumpet ), Colin Jacobsen (Violin), Christina Courtin (Violin), Alex Gonzalez (Violin), Alex Fortes (Violin), Guillaume Pirard (Violin), Michelle Ross (Violin), Ben Russell (Violin), Emily Daggett Smith (Violin), Deborah Wong (Violin), Monica Davis (Violin), Abi Fayette (Violin), Laura Frautschi (Violin), Laura Lutzke (Violin), Yaira Matyakubova (Violin), Rachel Shapiro (Violin), Kyle Armbrust (Viola), Mario Gotoh (Viola), Miranda Sielaff (Viola), Caitlin Sullivan (Cello) Karen Ouzounian (Cello), Jia Kim, (Cello) Caleb van der Swaagh (Cello), Shawn Conley (Bass), Grey Fulmer (Bass), Nicholas Walker (Bass), Alex Sopp (Flute), Colleen Blagov (Flute), Nikolay Blagov (Clarinet), Gabriel Bergeron-Langlois (Bassoon), Karl Kramer-Johansen (Horn), Cort Roberts (Horn), Trumpet - Jonathan Heim (Trumpet), Tim Leopold (Trumpet), Brandon Ridenour (Trumpet), Carlos Jimenezm (Trombone), Fernandez (Trombone), Nate Mayland (Trombone), San Francisco Girls Chorus - Valérie Sainte-Agathe (Artistic and Chorus Director), Ayve Algazi (Vocals), Cate Cross (Vocals), Arien Frey (Vocals), Samantha Fung-Lee (Vocals), Hannah Gonzales (Vocals), Adela Kelemen (Vocals), Charlotte Kelly (Vocals), Sierra Lyon (Vocals), Molly McLean (Vocals), Ellie Pett-Ridge Hennessey (Vocals), Ruby Rae Recht-Appel (Vocals), Eliana Schiller (Vocals), Azaria Stauffer-Barney (Vocals), Sophia Stolte (Vocals), Ana Vasquez Gonzales (Vocals) and Olivia White (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… moved on to this lovely album from Aoife and along with the talented group of musicians she has assembled are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

Florence + The Machine - Lungs - CD (2009)

Haven’t listened to this in while, time to get re- acquainted me thinks.

16 Likes

On first press vinyl: Air - Moon Safari. When I first bought this, I didn’t think that much of it. Just finished a first listen to it in at least 20 years and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

22 Likes

Tony Joe White | Bad Mouthin’ | 2018
Always in the mood for some swamp rock from the man. This was his last album before he died in 2018 the same year as its release. Stripped back, unplugged a man with his guitar an amp and occassionally someone on drums recorded back home in his shed, wonderful. His voice was as fine as ever right to the end.

12 Likes

Another LP I haven’t listened to in a while. Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes. Brilliant debut album.

23 Likes

Really loving this old Disco compilation on the Ronco label

6 Likes

The music may now sound dated in some instances, but a lot of '80’s releases were superbly produced, with a very clean presentation style. Excellent demo discs :+1:

Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage.

17 Likes