What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tony Joe White | Hoodoo | 2013
Why? Because I’ve always found it very difficult to follow up Tony Joe with anything other than some more of the man’s sounds.

8 Likes

Tony Joe Wright - Closer To The Truth - CD (1991)

Following @Steve_S

7 Likes

Right on @Cmax :sunglasses:

8 Likes

A double album compilation on Chess Records of Blues Legend Howlin Wolf

9 Likes

2 Likes

“Have mercy been waiting for the bus all day”

IMG_0980

22 Likes

Guster – Parachute
CD|1999

A friend saw them live last week, so felt like playing. Chose their debut due to the whimsical bear.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Ry Cooder - Ry Cooder.

22 Likes

12 Likes

I always did enjoy Haydn/Hummel Trumpet Concertos - very nice !

7 Likes

On the way home the other day, as I was just about home, listening to Absolute Rock and guess what they played!

Speed King, the opening track on this absolutely classic rock album!

I got home before it was over so I had to sit outside my gates until it finished. If spotted by my neighbours I’m sure they would have thought there was something wrong with me!

26 Likes

Started playing the Beach boys and settled on this album by their lead guitarist/ vocalist… Carl. This track by Fogerty and Creedence gets a good outing.

4 Likes

Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow - CD (1975)

19 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, deeper well. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

I love this one. We go back a long way, my original press and I.

30 Likes

Enjoying…

Samantha Fish | ‘Faster’

Seen this recommended a few times over the months, so sitting back to listen after a busy afternoon (in the sunny moments before the rain set in) washing the cars to this…

The Carpenters | ‘Singles 1969-1981’

Made the afternoon’s work quite tolerable. :grinning:

Sublime…
Qobuz
ERA-1s / AirPods Pro

14 Likes

Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - All The Roadrunning.

25 Likes

Finished listening to…

Sean Rowe - Magic

Sean Rowe (Floor Tom, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Adrian Cohen (Piano), Nic Fera (Drums), Clarke Foley (Bowed Bass), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Matthew Loiacono (Drums), Troy Pohl (Bass, Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Xylophone), Danny Whelchel (Drums) and Monica Wilson (Cello).

and

Sean Rowe - The Salesman and the Shark

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Rob Bochnik (Guitar), Mike Bolger (Trombone, Trumpet), Isobel Campbell (Vocals), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar), Hammond Organ), Paul Cartwright (Violin), Davey Chegwidden (Castanets, Bass Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Daphne Chen (Violin), Danny Frankel (Drums), Geoff Gallegos (String Arrangements, String Conductor), Inara George (Vocals), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Petra Haden (Vocals), Markéta Irglová (Piano, Vocals), Woody Jackson Upright Bass, Bells, Clavinet, Electric Harpsichord, Guitar, Marxophone, Percussion, Timpani, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer), Chris Kyle (Electric Guitar), Living Sisters (Vocals ), Frank Moscowitz (Whistle), Octetto Magnifico (Strings), Clinton Patterson (Trumpet), Sarah Pedinotti (Organ, Piano, Vocals), Zac Rae (Dulcitone, Farfisa Organ, Hammond B3, Piano), Reiko Nakano (Violin), Gus Seyffert (Bass,Upright Bass, Double Bass), Aida Shahghasemi (Daf), Jennavive Varga (Violin) and Ina Veli (Violin).

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/16)… while exercising I played a couple of Sean’s albums and he, as always, sounded mighty sweet! Love his music…

8 Likes

Now Playing…

Beyoncé - Cowboy Carter

Beyoncé (Vocals), Dave Hamelin (Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer), Gavin Williams (Organ), Hit-Boy (Synthesizer), Ink (Guitar), Justin Schipper (Steel Guitar), Justus West (Guitar), Khirye Tyler (Bass, Piano), Killah B (Drums), Lemar Carter (Drums), Lowell Boland (Piano), Nate Ferraro (Bass, Guitar, Piano), Raphael Saadiq (Bass, Drums, Organ, Piano), Rhiannon Giddens (Banjo, Viola), Robert Randolph (Steel Guitar) and Ryan Svendsen (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Beyoncé entry into the country western realm and taking the album out for a second spin. Did not find much country in the first spin but enjoyed the album so here we go again… Life is Sweet!

7 Likes