What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

This is a belter of an album and like you I think sometimes the first one you really hear becomes your favourite, for me that would Carnival Bizarre but this is definitely a high point of their catalogue.

I really don’t understand why they would mess around with the playing order, especially as it doesn’t seem to have been due to track lengths not fitting on a side of an LP. I also noticed they dropped “Freedom” to replace with a non album track which seems odd.

That said, nice to have on vinyl. I might have to look out for that re-issue.

1 Like

Not an album this morning but a Qobuz playlist

Tracks from Curtis Mayfield, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder etc

2 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire All 'N All / 2012 Columbia / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve / SICP 20358

17 Likes

Friday morning and nearly the weekend so Rocking out before work
AC DC - Powerage - R I P Bon Scott @ Malcom Young

17 Likes

5 Likes

Most of the album. Due out next week. Video is one of the trax off the album.

9 Likes

1 Like

Old 97’s American Primitive

3 Likes

Moonchild Please Rewind / 2015 Tru Thoughts / UK CD / TRUCD320

3 Likes

Desert Island Discs on BBC R4 FM. This week it’s Dr Tim Spector, he of the gut microbiome and ultra processed foods.

We have had music from Bowie, Prokofiev, the Stones, Fleetwood Mac. He was a rebel at school. Did the wrong A levels. He didn’t really know his father who died when Tim was 24.

He’s a bit dry. But there is still time to lift it with two records left…

2 Likes

One to watch, really good album
The great bluesman Linsey Alexanders son.

2 Likes

Over 4 hours of the best trance tunes.

4 Likes

4 trax off the album.

4 Likes

Tord Gustavsen Trio - Changing Places

Music that’s just so right for a slow start on a windy, grey morning. Good coffee on the stove.

6 Likes

folder

Both the Miles and Bill Evans were some of yesterday’s listening

21 Likes

Gordon Haskell - Harry’s Bar - CD (2002)

3 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed, on sacd.

23 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black - 2006 - Label - Island - Vinyl.

Amy Jade Winehouse (1983 - 2011) Black to Black is Amy’s second and final album studio album. Produced in collaboration with Salaam Remi & Mark Ronson along with Sharon Jones band The Dap - Kings.

About to be release on April 12 is a new biopic directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, which depicts the turbulent love story behind the album of the same name.

21 Likes

One of those albums that truly demonstrates the capabilities of the SACD format over CD.

5 Likes