What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Steve Miller Band - Bingo!

8 Likes

Nice sounding on Qobuz hires.

G

13 Likes

Deacon Blue. Debut album 1987. This came with my marriage 30 odd years ago. Not sure I have played it before. The band are allegedly named after the rather excellent Steely Dan song. It’s sort of ok. Well…

18 Likes

This is the Intervention Records vinyl reissue from a few years ago of Joan Armatrading’s self-titled album.

23 Likes

I’m with at @Alley_Cat on this one.

It’s jazz in a groove that reflects the title of the album.

Melissa Aldana - Echoes Of The Inner Prophet

4 Likes

Very calming/relaxing - I was just sampling some new releases on Qobuz and it’s the one I let play beyond a few seconds as it seemed to suit my mood.

1 Like

I did a sample and a purchase - great price for the Hi Res with Sublime account on Qobuz.

Other purchase was Jane Weaver but disappointed so far with a few favourites that just aren’t exciting me i.e. Marcus King, The Black Keys, The Libertines and Phosphorescent.

1 Like

Thanks will check the price on Qobuz as I also have Sublime and some Qobuz ‘coins’.

£6.79 - not bad!

1 Like

IMG_2182

Some more Joan Armatrading on vinyl. This time the 1977 album, Show Some Emotion. Produced by Glyn Johns, it sounds excellent.

13 Likes

Just played.

Now playing.

17 Likes

Jane Weaver - Love In Constant Spectacle

Jane Weaver never fails to disappoint and this her new album is one of her best.

6 Likes

A triple CD anthology from 2007. Some skippable stuff, but with the Floyd, Syd, the Purps, Third Ear Band, Pretty Things, Kevin Ayers, Geesin & Waters, Michael Chapman, Roy Harper, Mark-Almond, Dave Mason, etc this is a treasure trove…

7 Likes

I was listening to In Tune on BBC Radio 3 where Katie Derham played a version of the first movement of this, Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony. It felt isolated, so I had to follow with the further movements. I chose Roger Norrington simply because I have it on the Core and I’ve not played his version in a few years.

8 Likes

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

19 Likes

Now playing…

Jane Weaver - Love in Constant Spectacle

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Jane Weaver after seeing a mention from @AndyP above and Jane is sounding mighty sweet! …first time spin of Jane’s music…

4 Likes

IMG_2183

On original vinyl: The Jayhawks - “Hollywood Town Hall”. Magnificent Americana from 1991. I remember having to order the vinyl record from the long-gone Vibes Record shop in Bury.

13 Likes

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

29 Likes

Chris rea,road to hell

20 Likes

Envious :+1:

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea what that first album is or who it’s by…:man_shrugging:t2: