What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

A very good album of short film-inspired pieces by an excellent jazz band including Marc Ribot on guitar, Joey Baron drums, and John Zorn on :saxophone:

4 Likes

Ben Harper - Fight for your mind

3 Likes

Robert Quine & Bill Frisell

This is Elbow on steroids and it sounds absolutely brilliant

IMG_0743

Audio Vertigo - Elbow

As they say on the lead in to track 4 - Balu “Give it big fat wide wheels” and they certainly do!!

11 Likes

Yup - them too, plus:

It’s fun listening to an album with 56 very short but carefully constructed and performed tracks.

2 Likes

Opus - Live Is Life - Millennium Edition

2 Likes

Sadly, he didn’t.

Lou Reed - Rock N Roll Animal

13 Likes

The Barr Brothers | 2011
Their fine eponymous debut that captured me from the off. I’m not much of a folk fan but this transcends that into folk rock, indie and world. Lovely stuff as are the rest of their albums.

11 Likes

Friday night and start of the weekend again
Nice and chilled - Soul To Soul - Volume 2 - 1990 A New Decade

10 Likes

Bandcamp Friday again - get on there and support your favourite artists, all the money today goes to the bands

4 Likes

[
Lo Moon - I Wish You Way More Than Luck

Kate Bush - The Whole Story

26 Likes

Thanks for reminding me - I have this and have not listened to it for ages - now playing !!!

1 Like

Peter Frampton - Now.

12 Likes

Love - Forever Changes. Brilliant 2012 reissue.

25 Likes

The Cars. CD.

Great fun, except “Drive” which is brilliant but has other connotations.

19 Likes

Goldfrapp | Tales of Us | 2013
Superb! I remember travelling to a cinema in Dundee to watch the world release of this when they were playing live from the Air Studios prior to and just as the album was being released. All projected live on screen it was a fun night. The cinema was 75%+ full a good turnout.

22 Likes

Dave Studdert’s Mumbo Jumbo - Post Hypnotic Suggestion. Bought this CD based on a post by @Pete_the_painter. Glad I did - oddball, trippy psych, with great guitar and brass. Nice one, Pete.

4 Likes

Katie Pruitt – Mantras
CD|2024

New release, just delivered. A few songs in a liking it so far. Folk rock, I reckon.

2 Likes