What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

My second album for Christopher franke’s birthday
Hyperborea
cd-cover

11 Likes

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

25 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Atem | 1973
Some earlier Tangs less accessible to most than their later works.

14 Likes

What a great choice! I first heard and got into Jackie via Ian Rankin and his Rebus books, a great artist and taken far too soon, I will be digging one of Jackie’s albums out later :+1:t2:

4 Likes

More for the hard core fans ,love there early stuff,went watching them last year at Manchester very enjoyable

1 Like

Takes me back! Still got their first EP and used to play Chrome an awful lot. What a blast from the past :+1:

1 Like

A very different band and sound today of course @Tyger777

Rolling Stones - Paint It Black - Complete Singles Collection: The London Years

13 Likes

Nick Drake Live tribute concert. Lisa Hannigan’s version of “Black Eyed Dog” is stunning. I think one of the concerts is still on YouTube.
My wife and I saw one of the later concerts at Birmingham Symphony Hall, very memorable.

“Nick Drake’s original producer Joe Boyd organized a series of tribute concerts around the world to celebrate the British folk legend. Way to Blue is a companion compilation featuring Robyn Hitchcock, Vashti Bunyan, Scritti Politti’s Green Gartside, Lisa Hannigan, and others.”

9 Likes

Rich Robinson - Through A Crooked Sun
US 2011

1 Like

I know seen them twice,but as i remember you did the logo’s concert in london,so jealous

1 Like

deadmau5 - Vexillology - 2006

Thanks to @stewartg for the reminder. Decided to go for an earlier one by the rodent-headed one from Niagara Falls :mouse:

9 Likes

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig

5 Likes

Yes Chrome is a great record. Had it on Fontana cassette and lord knows where it is now… :upside_down_face:
They made a reissue in 2023 more affordable than the Music On Vinyl one…

1 Like

Tangerine dream, le parc
download (10)

8 Likes

Tears for Fears - Mad World - The Hurting

20 Likes

Peter Murphy - Deep
Greece 1989

7 Likes

Just fancied a bit of Bond(age)… From 1977, a really fabulous Japanese double LP collecting various James Bond movie themes and cues. Wonderful package…, great sound

14 Likes

Just fancied some intimate in your face blues

5 Likes

1 Like