What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Alison Moyet Alf

22 Likes

Coral King Tapestry, still sounds good after all these days.

32 Likes

Don Mclean American Pie

21 Likes

Dusty Springfield in Memphis

25 Likes

The Shipping Forecast on BBC R4 FM before work (not that I’m a mariner.)

Widespread gales. It would have been simpler for the forecaster to tell us which sea areas didn’t have them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Donald Fagen Morph The Cat / 2006 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR12246

He’s all the talk in shops and schoolyards
Sutton Place - The Automat
Players playin’ in da Bronx
Respect to Morph the Cat

18 Likes

Marcus King - Mood Swings

Had Marcus King down as a Stevie Ray Vaughan guitar player.

Produced by Rick Rubin this album has flashes of his great guitar playing but veers more towards his soulful voice.

5 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio show on Radio 3 and as always @Clive if your listening on your 01 …Enjoy

9 Likes

Imelda May - mayhem

12 Likes

Yellowjackets Run For Your Life / 1994 GRP / US CD / GRD9754

A new purchase for the collection, omitted a long time ago because I didn’t really enjoy it at the time of release. Recently borrowed a copy, and played via the 350’s it all made more sense so decided to buy. Found this sealed disc available, which took about 10 days to arrive from the USA.

7 Likes

Sorry, I’m currently absorbed watching Laura Kuenssberg’s programme on BBC1.

1 Like

2023 AP ‘Atlantic 75 Audiophile Series’ 45rpm vinyl release… :notes: :grin: :+1: :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Hello - Toy

20 Likes

Last one before I go out.

Norah Jones - visions

10 Likes

Kraftwerk - Autobahn - CD (1974)

Florian Schneider-Esleben (7 April 1947 – 21 April 2020)

Celebrating what would have been Florian’s 77th Birthday.

25 Likes

@steviebee…Thanks for this. As I said previously this is not an album I have played much recently it’s also a USA 1st (1A) pressing on the tan / red steam boat Reprise Records label in mint condition, which I suspect will be good enough for me sound wise! However if I see it in a record shop will probably buy it for the book.

Thanks again for your review and hope you are enjoying the new releases will be playing my copy asap.

ATB Graham.

2 Likes

Joined just in time for the last hour. Although it could be longer or shorter since someone has messed with the Radio 3 schedules. I no longer subscribe to the Radio Times so am not yet accustomed to the changes.

1 Like

Wow, I’d love to find a US first press, @Quad33!
There is one I’ve seen but it has a corner-snipped cover and is £120, gulp.

I’ll be playing Index in the next couple of days as it’ll be very interesting to hear the remaster vs my US copy - it certainly sounded good on headphones last night.

2 Likes

Kraftwerk Tour De France / 2003 EMI / EU CD / 5917082

24 Likes