What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Beatles - One - CD (2000)

21 Likes

Eno - another Green World.

15 Likes

Gretchen Peters, blackbirds. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

7 Likes

some recent listens

Interesting listening to this - can see where it led into the Pink Fairies.

7 Likes

which led to this

11 Likes

Tried this again, but just can’t get over Marc’s voice…apologies if necessary…

10 Likes

more down and dirty…

14 Likes

11 Likes

The Honey Dewdrops - These Old Roots. Very much in the Gillian Welch/Watchhouse mould, lovely vocals and some very good songs. Thanks to @davidng for posting another of their albums.

6 Likes

Amy Winehouse, Frank. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

‘Cello’ by Sol Gabetta. Discovered her on Qobuz stream today and this ‘greatest hits’ seems excellent. Lovely music by Elgar so far - enjoying this album very much.

8 Likes

‘Trumpet concertos’ by Tine Thing Helspeth. Really enjoying this classical trumpet music which is played so well. I discovered Tine after a post a few days ago for ‘She composes like a man’ by Tine and tenThing brass ensemble.

8 Likes

‘Storyteller’, another excellent album by Tine Thing Helspeth on Qobuz stream.

7 Likes

‘Trumpet concertos’ by Lucienne Renaudin Vary. Another excellent trumpet player and great album to listen to.

7 Likes

I have listened to an awful lot of trumpet music this weekend and this album ‘Caprice’ by Alison Balsom is a fantastic listen.
It has been a great weekend for discovering great classical music on Qobuz. I don’t know how ‘experts’ would rate these performances in the grand scheme of things but to me I find them all very easy to listen to and accessible.

8 Likes

‘No fools, no fun’ by Puss ‘n’ boots who are Norah Jones, Sasha Dobson and Catherine Popper. Qobuz stream.
Really enjoyed this album earlier today and was a nice contrast to the classical that I have been playing.

14 Likes

Wow, I seem to have spent most of the weekend listening to female artistes! Just to redress the balance and end the evening on a different theme, ‘Catch a fire’ by the Wailers on Qobuz stream. ‘Stop that train’ has always been a favourite Bob Marley track of mine.

Anyhow, I had better let someone else post something now!

14 Likes

The Honey Dewdrops, anyone can see. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

A compilation on Naxos of famous Adagios - very reflective and soothing :smile_cat:

8 Likes