What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Looking forward to seeing Beth Orton in Sydney later this mouth. Thought I’d give this a play while I wait - Central Reservation

19 Likes

2 x LP - Atlantic 1973 : )

Jon Anderson – lead vocals
Steve Howe – guitar, electric sitar, backing vocals
Chris Squire – bass, backing vocals
Rick Wakeman – keyboards
Alan White – drums, percussion

Recorded at Morgan Studios, Willesden, London; May-October 1973

<>

Happy Birthday Steve Howe! :birthday: :partying_face:

Born in Holloway, London, England on 8th April 1947 :uk:

19 Likes

Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa

I’ve never understood the appeal of this band, but thought I’d try again with a different album. This is certainly more appealing than the last ones I tried (Workingman’s Dead and American Beauty), but I still don’t get it.

10 Likes

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic - CD (1975)

‘Toys In The Attic’, was released on this day 08/04/75. The album is Aerosmith’s most commercially successful in the US, with eight million copies sold and features the hit ‘Walk This Way’ which peaked at No.10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in early 1977 when re-released and was one of the songs that helped break Aerosmith into the mainstream in the seventies.

5 Likes

2024 BN Classis Vinyl Series… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:

16 Likes

Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune

7 Likes

Haven’t heard this for years it was pretty big in the late seventies who enjoyed Tubular Bells or Yes. Aussie progressive rock a rare thing :grin:

Sebastian Hardie Four Movements.

3 Likes

Julian Lennon - Valotte - CD (1984)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Julian Lennon 08/04/63

Valotte was released 40 years ago! and Julian Lennon is 61! has the clock been speeded up!

8 Likes

That’s staggering, no wonder I’m feeling old. :grin:

Haven’t heard that for probably 20 years, damn hard act to follow. I’ll give a play tomorrow, cheers. :+1:

3 Likes

You and me both Pete, where does the time go ? he was never going to find it easy having such a famous father, I only own his two well known albums, Valotte and Help Yourself, might give that a play later, hope the weather is better where you are, very overcast in Yorkshire at the moment.

2 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

Having read about the film of the same name due to be released this Friday, I thought I’d have a listen to the album. Such a shame that she was only able to release two albums in her lifetime.

16 Likes

First spin…

2023 BN Tone Poet Series vinyl release, very nice!.. :sunglasses: :+1: :grin: :notes:

15 Likes

I don’t own anything of his but I did have those albums, sorry CDs. Strange as I have CDs from the mid eighties but they’re missing.

Weather good bit of rain last weekend but hay we’ll be in a drought in a month. :grin:However it is cooling down at night.

Take care.

1 Like

ABBA - ABBA The Album - 1977 - Label - Epic - OG Vinyl.

The fifth album that yelled two British number one singles The Name Of The Game & Take A Chance On Me.

After watching ABBA on the BBC over the weekend. You just have to love ABBA.:sunglasses::grinning:

13 Likes

On CD:-

Tchaikovsky - Symphony No.2 “Little Russian” - Philharmonia Orchestra - Riccardo Muti

9 Likes

And the epic opener, (the er, “soaring”) “Eagle”.

Fabbatastic!

5 Likes

Another blast from the 90s, Dig - Directions in Groove. Aussie acid jazz or is hip hop.

2 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Any Port In a Storm

Just playing the 28 minute version of Dazed and Confused from this rather good bootleg.

12 Likes

John Miles - Rebel - CD (1976)

Another blast from the past.

12 Likes

1984 vinyl release… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

10 Likes