What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Mulatu Astatke - Mulatu of Ethiopia. Bit of Ethio-jazz to accompany a late lunch.

4 Likes

Melody Gardot release entitled Sayonara Meu Amor. 6 song set.

9 Likes

Yes Fragile / 2003 Elektra / Germany CD / 8122737892

19 Likes

2024 BN Classic Vinyl Series, great album!.. :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:

12 Likes

The Great Jazz Trio At the Village Vanguard.

3 Likes

No, you don’t!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

They are such a brilliant band. I first saw them live around that time in North London - I can’t remember where - the Mean Fiddler? I think it was the gig that was recorded for BBC In Concert. I have seen them a few times since and they are great live. However, the last time I saw them was at a small venue at the O2 - more of a large bar than a concert venue - and there was virtually no-one there - but that didn’t stop them putting on a full-throttle show. They don’t really seem to have established a following in the UK and I don’t understand why - could people think they are limited to La Bambi? You are lucky to have an original vinyl version of Kiko - I don’t think I ever saw one when I got the CD, so had to buy the Mobile Fidelity later at a price.

1 Like

R.E.M. – Lifes Rich Pageant
CD|1986

10 Likes

Try Anthem of the Sun - and if that also doesn’t click, then stop worrying - the Dead clearly aren’t in your aesthetic zone.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Japanese Breakfast – Jubilee
CD rip|2021

indie pop. enjoyable listen.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Working my way through this newly purchased box set, first off ‘Diamond Life’

Nice clean, flat and quiet vinyl, so far so good!! :+1: :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses:

17 Likes

‘The Pentagon’ (Clifford Jordan, Cedar Walton and co ) East Wind Direct Cut LP. Bought by me circa 1980 when new when I used it on my Dual deck, still NM and sounding better than ever on the LP12.

3 Likes

Some gorgeous Kevin Gray Coherent reward for a day of DIY. Joe Henderson and fantastic quartet Power to the People. Craft/Milestone reissue. Runs the gamut from lyrical to blistering free.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Sade - Bring Me Home | Live 2011

Sade Adu (Vocals), Andrew Hale (Keyboards), Karl Van Den Bossche (Percussion), Leroy Osbourne (Guitar, Vocals), Paul S. Denman (Bass), Peter Lewinson (Drums), Ryan Waters (Guitar), Stuart Matthewman (Guitar, Saxophone) and Tony Momrelle (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… retuning home after coffee with some friends and siting down with a bowl of raspberry yogurt with bananas, blueberries and strawberries while kicking off this musical Monday morning with with Sade’s 2011 Live album and she and the band is sounding mighty sweet!

13 Likes

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with La Bamba. People seem to see them as a novelty act rather than possibly the best roots music band around. I’m also a big Blasters fan. I think they were great days for music, days when we could rely on Andy Kershaw to introduce us to a wide range of great music.

In passing the 2 Latin Playboys albums are great.

4 Likes

Some new Bonny Light Horseman trax from the up and coming album due out 7th June.

8 Likes

Mike Lawrence on trumpet didn’t record much - but what he did hit the bullseye !

1 Like

Bit of a bargain this CD. Faithful before her voice broke. She’s done great work over the years. Core.

8 Likes