What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Post supper slow down - perfect for some Miles. Filles de Kilimanjaro including the great Mademoiselle Mabry. The classic quintet on the cusp with appearances by Dave Holland & Chick Corea. The future is here. CD.

15 Likes

7 Likes

On 12 " Single - Garry Clail On - U Sound System - Beef ( Adrian Sherwood - Remix )

3 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

Argh great track Tony and what a band.Sadly never see any Libertines here.
There so Misunderstood tarnished by Pete’s wayward days and the tabloid press.
Theres something so honest and English in their songs.
The lyrics are great.Have a soft spot for them and seen them live 5 times over the years.
Pete’s been off the gear for 3 years now and now has icebaths before going on stage.

5 Likes

51wIHu-+7GL.AC
Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - Sunset Over London.

4 Likes

And I’m loving their new album, All Quiet On The Eastern Esplanade.

2 Likes

I did see the documentary the other day and I’m glad he’s going alright. He’s a good kid and the heart and soul of the band. Hopefully his other half will help keep him out of trouble, hard as it may be. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Two of my very favourite albums there Clive, but each to their own, of course.

As a Dead fan I wouldn’t especially advance a case for the defence with Aoxomoxoa, as it’s pretty impenetrable for the first fifty or so listens!

Have you tried the Terrapin Station LP? It’s bookended by two of the very best Dead creations, esp the title track/suite. Beyond that, there’s no hope for you becoming a Deadhead, you might as will give up the ghost.

2 Likes

I was in Etretat last week and half expected to see him walking down the street.

1 Like

The album is Ijahman Haile I hymn

1 Like

As its Steve Howes Birthday today - Such a great guitar player …Yes had a perfect man
Steve Howe - The Steve Howe Album

12 Likes

Haven’t seen (let alone heard) that album before, looks interesting especially the cover information with all those strings. Bet it sound good too, enjoy! :smiley: :metal:

4 Likes

The Libertines - All Quiet On The Western Esplanade - CD (2024)

Joinning in The Libertines, 2nd play, like very much.

10 Likes

6 Likes

UFOs by Amplifier

An immense track that almost defines ‘a rock anthem’.
I really must buy some of their more recent albums from Bandcamp

4 Likes

Good, innit?

1 Like

It’s very good, a long wait, but worth the wait. :+1:t2:

1 Like