What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Genesis - Duke.

22 Likes

Buena Vista Social Club, 25th anniversary edn. :smiling_face:

23 Likes

Wholly agree with Bhoyo. The new album is fabulous.

3 Likes

Tears For Fears: Elemental

6 Likes

Myrath : Shehili 2019 LP

Why Might you be interested?

This is some very well crafted, well played and listenable modern prog rock (Prog metal maybe) from a group of very talented individuals from Tunisia.

The influence of their home country is heard throughout the album with North African musical motifs, use of strings and woodwind and some singing in what I assume is their native language (although most is sung in English).

This is mighty fine stuff. If you like Riverside, Dream Theater, you could do worse than give this band a listen. They have a new LP out this year called Karma which I anticipate will be on my top ten year end list.

5 Likes

Slayer - Divine Intervention (From the 2011 limited edition The Vinyl Conflict box-set, remastered)

Out with the old and in with the new. Divine Intervention marked the first album without legendary sticksman Dave Lombardo, being replaced with ex-Forbidden drummer Paul Bostaph. This was also my introduction to the band and while not their best work it is still potent and full of deadly cuts. It does feel like with the second-wave of black metal in Norway garnering a reputation for murder and mayhem (pun intended), Slayer leaned into the “evilness” with the lyrical content and overall vibe in order to retain their reputation.

I don’t recall if I gave this pressing a spin when I bought the box-set so it’s hard to say whether the remaster or my upgraded vinyl playback is why the album has so much impact and weight versus the closed-in, strained sound of the original. Bostaph hits the skins with a lightness that contrasts with the explosiveness of Lombardo, but there’s so much firepower on this pressing that it helps ameliorate the toy-like sound of the CD.

3 Likes

Lovely Struss - Waltzes And Polkas before leaving for work :smile_cat:

@

7 Likes

Resonance Records sampler.

8 Likes

Sometimes a cover just draws you in!

Electronic Lounge Jazz going down well with paper and morning coffee.

.sjb

6 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Steve Gadd! :birthday: :partying_face: :drum:

born 9th April 1945 in Irondequoit, New York :us:

16 Likes

2021 vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1: :grin:

16 Likes

Second album from the 'This Far" box set… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1: :grin:

23 Likes

Terrapath by Plantoid. I’ve had this a while and finally got around to listen to it.
I’m rather enjoying it.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Going back a bit. How good a guitarist was Cliff Gallup? Retired too early.

5 Likes

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker - You Gotta walk It Like You Talk It…

5 Likes

ELTON JOHN - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road -1973 - Label - DJM Records - OG Double Album.

EJs seventh studio album with sales of more than 20 million copies worldwide, widely regarded as his magnum opus? Among the 17 tracks are hits Candle in the wind, Bennie and the Jets, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting.

25 Likes

2021 MOFI 3X45rpm box set reissue… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:

23 Likes

Southern Avenue – Keep On
CD rip|2019

blues/soul/funk

6 Likes

Interesting, never come across that album, will seek it out. Any idea who did the cover art @Shaunio?