What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Going to join you with that one - its a cracker.

1 Like

Heartbreaker by Free. Recorded in 72. There are some serious moments of brilliance from Kossoff and Paul Rodgers. A sad end to a wonderful band.

Edit: My Wife’s best friend died aged 50 about 10 years ago. The exit music from the crematorium was “Travelling in Style” from this album. Not an obvious choice, but it worked.

20 Likes

I bet Tin Pan Alley sounds amazing on your Isis ?
I have it on vinyl and that track is incredible especially though my Magnepan panel speakers.They just vanish and the sound just hangs in the air a wall of sound

Hope all is well and the charity shop buys have been great
Cheers Ian

2 Likes

LP - c-nut records 2018 : )

Blicher Hemmer Gadd - Omara

<>

Michael Blicher - saxophones
Dan Hemmer - hammond organ
Steve Gadd - drums, birthday cake

Recorded live at Pizza Express London, Dexter in Odense, KulturForum in Kiel, and at Jazzværket in Brabrand; in February 2016

~ < < > > ~

7 Likes

2 Likes

Randy Newmann - bad love

9 Likes

Yes, the whole album is very good.
I sucks you in and the volume goes up and up, I close my eyes and the room is full of music wrapping around me.
Tin Pan is fantastic.

Had a few weekends away, so I’ve had the chance to check out the charity shops in Kendal and Yeovil, somehow other people shops always seem better than my own :smiley:

4 Likes

6 Likes

That’s a great album Ian :+1:

1 Like

James Hunter - The Hard Way.

7 Likes

Ian Dury And The Blockheads - Do It Yourself

19 Likes

12 Likes

Free - Tons Of Sobs - CD (1968)

20 Likes

Jackson Heights - The Fifth Avenue Bus

From 1972, British band fronted by Lee Jackson (bassist with The Nice). Here in more of an acoustic melodic mode.

5 Likes

Loved your comments about the sound immersion
I so get your comments about our charity shop CD addiction…Saturday morning is always food shopping and after hit the best shops…8 for a pound in one :rofl:
There is an Oxfam shop which has the best both classical and classic albums but their a pound there.Makes me smile as for ages CDs were £10 each.
Streaming has definitely done us a favour and we are blessed both having Rega CDP 's.
Its great having 2 sources which co exist together.
I really enjoy both but love the convenience of CD…no fathing about with cleaning.
Having said that well recorded vinyl always sounds amazing.

2 Likes

John Martyn - The Apprentice

In 1988 John Martyn presented the demo tapes for this album to Island Records and was promptly dropped from the label.

Two years later it gets released on an independent; self funded by Martyn.

It is a superb album featuring Andy Shepherd on sax on three tracks.

18 Likes

Been a while but as intoxicating as ever

9 Likes

Wahtever you do, don’t get lost on Luneberg Heath…

3 Likes

I love this trio, such a unique sound.

1 Like

Tokunbo, golden days. :smiling_face:

1 Like