What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Creedence Clearwater Revival, Green River. Vinyl.

19 Likes

Great album. I love the track Sinister Purpose.

1 Like

Hi @Cmax. Listened to this on bandcamp. Quite enjoyable. Thanks for posting.

-pat

1 Like

Nanette Workman and Peter Frampton - from 1977 Grits and Cornbread:

6 Likes

Great album - she is often billed wrongly as Nanette Newman as in backing vocals on the Stones You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

3 Likes

N.M.A - gig prep, unfortunately without the Sinfonia Leipzig this time but I like the running order of their songs on this album.

4 Likes

That would be a laugh. :laughing:

1 Like

Here is Nanette wrongly billed.

11 Likes

s-l960
The Allman Bros. Band - Eat A Peach, and “Blue Sky” in particular.

21 Likes

Class AndyP - what a font of knowledge you are - The Oracle - that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Midnight Oil – Diesel And Dust
CD|1987

Heard “Beds Are Burning” on the radio, needed to listen to the whole album. '87 jewel case is SOLID.

20 Likes

Zappa | Apostrophe (') | 1974
Right up there amongst my Frank favourites and it turns fifty this year, so it’s getting a well deserved outing,

11 Likes

Maestro @AndyP, thank you again.

3 Likes

23 Likes

This evening’s music was an easy choice. The sad passing of Dickey Betts today has hit me hard. As a big Allman Brothers Band fan I have loved his amazing guitar skills for over 40 years.

This album showcases his incredible work like no other.

RIP Dickey Betts :smiling_face_with_tear:

17 Likes

Well played @Toon, I didn’t know this until your posting. RIP Dickey. The Allmans’ will be getting some plays here anon.

6 Likes

Al Stewart - Past Present and Future

Al in 1974 with Rick Wakeman, Tim Renwick, Isaac Guillory, Bruce Thomas and Tim Hinkley plus a great supporting cast.

Al’s albums are history lessons in themselves. I saw him live a few items. Once at Vicar Street in Dublin and along with others called out for my favourite song (Terminal Eyes off this album). Al’s reply to us was “You may have an extensive knowledge of my back catalogue but I have a set list and that is what I am going to play”

A three CD of this album is out in June.

17 Likes

She’s different, seen her quite a few times on Jools Holland, she has a couple of albums too, again are quite good, that’s the good thing about this forum, people willing to share new artistes they have come across, long may it continue.

2 Likes

The Libertines - Time For Heros The Best Of The Libertines

6 Likes

Best wishes to you both Martin.