What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Cannot read the title or band ?

I think it is XTC, Black Sea.

2 Likes

Thanks - I think you are right !

Iron and Wine - Light Verse
CD|2024

Received in today’s mail ahead of Friday’s release.

7 Likes

Dave you nailed it pitch perfect .I have often thought why is his voice so good ?
Its like all the words he delivers there is this total command of pronunciation its like he never ever gets flustered his inflection in his voice …he makes it sound easy but its something great singers have…Confidence

I know you like your ska and reggae …check out the Manudigital sessions in your song of the day that I have recently posted …there is one with 2 rastas sharing the mic and there is a serious rastafari message…these guys aren’t fuc£ing about with their vision

Warm regards Ian

2 Likes

3 Likes

Time for something that isn’t noodly jazz.

8 Likes

Lupine Howl - The Carnivorous Lunar Activities of Lupine Howl

Sean Cook (vocalist, bassist), Mike Mooney (guitarist) and Damon Reece(drummer) got fired from Spiritualized and formed Lupine Howl.

Wonderful guitar playing from the legendary Mike Mooney

IMG_8947

6 Likes

51x8G0zGpqL.AC
Eric Clapton - Money And Cigarettes, this album has the bonus of Ry Cooder’s participation.

11 Likes

Yes at the time I enjoyed it but it certainly was a challenging listen. Now, a few decades later & my musical tastes matured :joy:, it’s a great listen. Enjoy!

David Baerwald - Triage

One of the men behind the Tuesday Night Music Club which must have made him an absolute fortune.

This album is a five star masterpiece.

Released on A&M with the A playing trumpet on the first track.

IMG_8948

8 Likes

Bonobo - Dial ‘M’ for Monkey

5 Likes

Justin Haywood / John Lodge - Blue Jays - CD (1975)

16 Likes

Booker T & The MG’s - McLemore Avenue.

10 Likes

Trying a DSD128 version from High Definition Tape Transfers and I have to say it rather good with a very natural and organic sound. Definitely a level above my CD rip.

10 Likes

Natalie Merchant, keep your courage. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

The Cosmic Trip Advisors – Wrong Again, Albert…
CD rip | 2019

Blues rock. Haven’t listened to this in a bit.

5 Likes

Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project (2024 first press)

Bruce is back, jack. After a long absence Bruce returns to what he does best which is overwrought solo projects and The Mandrake Project acts as a distillation of his storied career. I wouldn’t say there’s anything particularly groundbreaking here but if like me you love his Accident of Birth/Chemical Wedding-era you’ll be right at home. This may be heresy to some, but I’ve always preferred Bruce’s solo albums over Maiden and while it will take a few more spins to get to grips with it, The Mandrake Project reinforces that belief.

As for the production, I struggled at first to decide if it was good or bad. Firstly, it’s heavily over-produced, there’s no denying that with a very “digital” sound and what appears to be a fair amount of compression. The flip-side to this is gobs of detail, offering startling clarity, in particular the vocals which at times had an eerily “in the room” presence. Special mention must also go to the bass, which was tight but full of impact and an overall delight to experience. So yeah, not a warm ‘n’
cozy analog recording but certainly better than the “recorded-through-a-woolen-jumper” sound of The Chemical Wedding for example.

7 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. :smiling_face:

11 Likes