What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

6 Likes

Simply incredible:

Geisha boys and Temple girls

8 Likes

Larry Carlton Alone / But Never Alone / 1986 MCA / US CD / MCAD5689

5 Likes

Ryan Bingham - American Love Song. A blend of rock, blues and country from 2019 and very fine it is too. Produced by Charlie Sexton (with Ryan) who also plays on the album.

6 Likes

Chris Difford - I Didn’t Get Where I Am - CD (2003)

6 Likes

What a pity there’s no CD, however it’s a great companion for the regular album as you said!

1 Like

Van Morrison - Accentuate The Positive.

7 Likes

Disc 4, excerpts from Newman’s film soundtracks Excellent box set from the maestro. Uniti Core.

2 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

16 Likes

9 Likes

Agreed, though I’d prefer a 12” EP!

The War, on Drugs: A Deeper Understanding

It might be about the time to hope for something new from Mr. Granduciel.

14 Likes

Taylor Swift, the tortured poets department: the anthology. Two hours long and enjoyed it. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

2 x LP - Reprise 2010 : )

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Mojo

<<>>

Tom Petty – vocals, guitars (rhythm, lead, bass on “Running Man’s Bible”), producer
Mike Campbell – lead guitar, producer
Benmont Tench – acoustic and electric piano, organ
Scott Thurston – rhythm guitar, harmonica
Ron Blair – bass guitar
Steve Ferrone – drums, percussion

Recorded at The Clubhouse Studio, Los Angeles, California 2009/2010

~ < < :drum: > > ~

Happy Birthday Steve Ferrone! :birthday: :partying_face:

born 25th April 1950 in Brighton, England :uk:

67499C6A-5FCD-48F7-A1C8-3381196AA7D5

14 Likes

Diane Birch, flying on Abraham. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Annihilator : Ballistic, Sadistic 2020 (Qobuz 44.1/24)

After a previous post from @Taake about Annihilator I thought I should give one of their more recent albums a spin (well stream actually).

Annihilator’s catalogue can be a bit variable with some not as well received as others but this one is an immense slice of Thrash Metal and prime Annihilator. 10 songs, 45 minutes and it rarely lets its foot off the pedal from start to finish and as a result the album flies by. Jeff Waters is back on vocals duties and he does just fine, but it is his riffing and solo-ing that really grabs you. He’s pretty nifty on the bass as well.

Not sure of the cheesy album cover, but this is a very fine slice of modern Thrash Metal, I should have paid more attention when this one came out.

4 Likes

Lee Kernaghan, spirit of the Anzac. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Waking up with Taylor Swift this morning…:wink:

9 Likes

U2 - The Joshua Tree - CD (1987)

Starting the day with this, which started a five-week run at No.1 on the US album chart on the 25/04/87.

30 Likes

these were the times when they made outstanding albums! Unfortunately they have been spending more energies in marketing and trying to heal the world since the 90s.

3 Likes