What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tracks 1-12: The Allman Brothers Band:
Recorded at A & R Studios, New York City, NY, August 26, 1971 for a live WPLJ FM Broadcast
Previously released as: ‘A & R Studios: New York, 26th August 1971’

Tracks 13-27: Delaney & Bonnie with the Allman brothers & King Curtis:
Recorded at A & R Studios, New York City, NY, July 22, 1971 for a live WPLJ FM Broadcast
Previously released as: ‘Delaney & Bonnie with The Allman Brothers & King Curtis’

Tracks 28-50:
Includes Duane’s most cherished songs, those that he was most influenced b and which were the impulse for him to begin his career and to become one of the finest guitar players the world had ever seen.
Previously released as: ‘Duane Allman’s Jukebox’

10 Likes

Glass of red wine and some Dead.
Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street

14 Likes

Alastair McDonald

Songs Of The North

IMG_0462

Edward

4 Likes

Robert Plant | Carry Fire | 2017
One of my favourite solo Plant albums. I liked it from the off but it got quite a bit of kickback on here if I remember correctly? Fine music from the man and happy to get it out again.

23 Likes
4 Likes

Jazz rock trio Back Door in typically high-octane mode recorded live for the Beeb in 1973. Lovely to hear Alexis Korner sitting in & mceeing too. Great sound quality. Barely more than an EP but still an excellent Gearbox effort.

7 Likes

Great music @Taake, my shout for best is AEnima but hey, who cares it’s all great as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever, giving this a spin after playing his latest offering earlier. The new album sounds boxed in compared to his usual presentation, this album’s sound is much airier to me, imho of course.

19 Likes

Tool | AEnima | 1996
Had to get this Tool out for a play after @Taake earlier. 1996, wow really!!

7 Likes

4 Likes

ELO - On The Third Day - 1973

I gave my dusty copy of Out Of The Blue a play a few weeks back and have been smitten again by their early LP’s :grinning:

14 Likes

Not played this in years, played way too much on release. This was the first album I put on my Rega 3 when I bought it. One of the first I had on CD too. I used to use this to show how my LP12 sounded way better than a CD.
Simply Red - Picture Book

24 Likes

A fine album.

10 Likes

Larry Carlton Discovery / 1987 MCA / US CD / MCAD42003

9 Likes

Is there a DVD or download of that anywhere?

Some ‘The The’ to start with… considering purchasing a gig ticket for them…

11 Likes

This is such a well recorded album, a very mellow listen

11 Likes

Released in 1993 and still sounding great

Robert Plant - Fate Of Nations

20 Likes

Captain Beefheart - Lick My Decals Off Baby - CD (1970)

14 Likes

The Beatles - Beatles For Sale

23 Likes