What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Having a very lazy night after cutting the hedges today - absolutely knackered.

11 Likes

Sailor has been a favourite album of mine since I was a teen (and indeed Brave New World, which in fact I heard before it)… just a magical, atmospheric record. Glad you caught the magic, Andy!

7 Likes

5 Likes

Please tell me you’re having a laugh.

1 Like

Me too. Last year I had to travel from Southampton to near Peterborough, and back, in a day - collecting newly repaired Meridian M20s.

I loaded the iPod with every Steve Miller album I had, and they got me there and back!

3 Likes

A gorgeous collaboration between the Finnish pianist and his Lithuanian saxophonist friend. It’s a beautifully recorded (and packaged) CD too.

5 Likes

And she spends a lot of her time living in London and is apparently a really nice lady.

My wife is a florist and they get to put in her Christmas tree and dress her apartment and she is very warm and gracious host.

Her albums have always been brilliantly produced.

6 Likes

Isabelle Faust, Boris Faust, Alexander Melnikov - Britten: Violin Voncerto, Chamber Works

First listen of this new release… very good so far!

7 Likes

Me’Shell NdegéOcello Plantation Lullabies / 1993 Maverick Sire / Germany CD / 9362457542

5 Likes

Curtis Mayfield - Roots
France 1971

13 Likes

En Vogue - Funky Divas

7 Likes

Next up - the mono RSD LP.

15 Likes

What a nice story :+1:

1 Like

Love Downtown such a great record, I also like Petula’s new version of her classic tune.

1 Like

7 Likes

Happened to be in HMV and couldn’t resist this LP (Between The Buttons) with an extra 10% off the sale price. Although I still have my original 45 of Let’s Spend The Night Together/Ruby Tuesday (which were on the US release apparently) I’d never heard the full album. The Brian Jones era Stones were arguably more interesting than what followed. This is certainly an enjoyably eclectic mix. SQ is OK. I imagine a first press mono would be the thing?

14 Likes

Well you always hear these stories about these people being arses and my wife said she is so nice.

Although I do keep asking her to take my 1986 original copy of JJ’s Control album and getting in signed and my wife refuses…,

1 Like

The brilliant Alejandro Escovedo latest.

4 Likes

Spirit - Twelve Dreams Of Dr Sardonicus

24 Likes

8 Likes