What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

Happened to be in HMV and couldn’t resist this LP (Between The Buttons) with an extra 10% off the sale price. Although I still have my original 45 of Let’s Spend The Night Together/Ruby Tuesday (which were on the US release apparently) I’d never heard the full album. The Brian Jones era Stones were arguably more interesting than what followed. This is certainly an enjoyably eclectic mix. SQ is OK. I imagine a first press mono would be the thing?

14 Likes

Well you always hear these stories about these people being arses and my wife said she is so nice.

Although I do keep asking her to take my 1986 original copy of JJ’s Control album and getting in signed and my wife refuses…,

1 Like

The brilliant Alejandro Escovedo latest.

4 Likes

Spirit - Twelve Dreams Of Dr Sardonicus

24 Likes

8 Likes

Being lazy again…

8 Likes

6 Likes

Roxy’s greatest from 1977.

Only made it to No.20 in the UK charts which is a surpise?
Maybe not though. It was jostling for position with some true heavyweight albums. Yes, The Muppet Show hit the No.1 spot that year! :frog:

14 Likes

More Sun Ra - A good, newly discovered studio session from the 1980s. More good work by Strut - 2LPs.

Captures well the band as it sounded at this time, in good sound.

9 Likes

Which is probably why she gets to keep going back. ( As well as her obvious deft touch with arrangements).

16 Likes

s-l1600
The Honey Drippers - Volume One.

15 Likes

Have posted this once before……just a lovely album and recording by artists i have never coveted.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Scheherezade and Night on a Bald Mountain conducted by Antonio Pappano. Incredible recording - the SQ and dynamics are something else

13 Likes

AC/DC - Back In Black - CD (1980)

20 Likes

Band of Horses-Cease to Begin

12 Likes

Rocking out with live UFO - UFO - Strangers In The Night

13 Likes

Jeff Lynne’s ELO - Alone In The Universe

11 Likes