What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

14 Likes

The B52’s - The B52’s - CD (1979)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Kate Pierson 27/04/48, vocals with the American new wave band The B-52’s. Best known for their 1978 debut single 'Rock Lobster and the 1990 UK No.2 & US No.3 single ‘Love Shack’.

30 Likes

Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900127

22 Likes

Steely Dan - Aja

26 Likes

Kicking off with some Pat from 1984
First Circle.

14 Likes

That’s going on later @Cmax
Great album :+1:

3 Likes

Kandace Springs, Run Your Race, 2024.

Playing this again after Kandace’s concert in Milan yesterday, and reflecting on the many advantages of CD…

It sounds beautifully.

You can get the signatures of artist and band on it (one thing impossible with streaming).

13 Likes

Nothing is very inspiring this evening, had the first track of a few albums on but can’t settle.

Thought I’d give Glenn Miller a listen. No cover, just his well known stuff, nice and pleasant for a Saturday evening.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Not played this gem for a while.
Japan - Tin Drum - 1981

25 Likes

Still beats me why he’s not bigger out there in the world…

4 Likes

20 Likes

Ryan Adams. Prisoner. 2017.

I like many of his albums but this is particularly good imho. He releases so many albums I can’t keep up with them.

10 Likes

Argh great album Steve…its so unique isn’t it…Vision Of China is a favourite and Ghosts what atmosphere .
Wishing you a great weekend and play some good stuff for Belle
Cheers Ian

2 Likes

Chopin - Etudes Opus 10 and 25

6 Likes

Morning Ian, yes a cracker of an album, one of my favourites actually along with Brilliant Trees.
Have a good one yourself.
Cheers
Steve

3 Likes

‘Cope - live at the Earl’. Manchester Orchestra’s latest release, must catch them again when they cross the pond.

2 Likes

I swear there is an elastic band connecting this to my record deck?
Giving disc 2 a spin. Marvelous.

26 Likes

Queens of the Stone Age

8 Likes

Elton John - Honky Chateau - 1972 - Label - DJM - OG Vinyl.

EJs fifth studio album produced by Gus Dugeon two singles released from the album Rocket Man & Honky Cat.

This is probably my favorite EJ album both song and sound wise.

18 Likes