What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Chopin - Etudes Opus 10 and 25

6 Likes

Morning Ian, yes a cracker of an album, one of my favourites actually along with Brilliant Trees.
Have a good one yourself.
Cheers
Steve

3 Likes

‘Cope - live at the Earl’. Manchester Orchestra’s latest release, must catch them again when they cross the pond.

2 Likes

I swear there is an elastic band connecting this to my record deck?
Giving disc 2 a spin. Marvelous.

26 Likes

Queens of the Stone Age

8 Likes

Elton John - Honky Chateau - 1972 - Label - DJM - OG Vinyl.

EJs fifth studio album produced by Gus Dugeon two singles released from the album Rocket Man & Honky Cat.

This is probably my favorite EJ album both song and sound wise.

18 Likes

Some great stuff on here. Tarantino knows how to build a play list. Uniti Core.

5 Likes

Badfinger - Magic Christian Music - CD Apple Box Set (1970)

In Memory of Peter Ham 27/04/47 - 24/04/75

Welsh singer, songwriter and guitarist, Peter Ham who was a member of The Iveys and then Badfinger, who had the 1970 UK No.4 single ‘Come And Get It’. He also co-wrote the ballad ‘Without You’, a worldwide No.1 hit for Harry Nilsson that has become a standard song covered by hundreds of artists. Ham was granted two Ivor Novello Awards related to the song in 1973. Ham committed suicide on 24th April 1975.

12 Likes

Love the new avatar, Graham. Great shot of the Ovators.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Tony the old one served me well but it was time to go😂 hope you a well take care G

2 Likes

… another one that’s been virtualy glued to the platter of late. Compared to my original WYWH vinyl and CD, this is a good notch up.

26 Likes

Great slabs of vinyl, translucent with a purple hue, when held up to the light, always liked that.

1 Like

On CD:-

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street

24 Likes

Allan Holdsworth - Sand - 1987

I was playing the later remastered Wardenclyffe Tower late last night, a couple of the bonus tracks were astonishing. What a tone he had! So glad I got to see him play live back in the 80’s, one heck of a guitarist.

5 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky Is Crying, worth the price of admission alone, for the instrumental cover of “Little Wing”.

24 Likes

Before

1 Like

Now trying this one…

2 Likes

One of the Box Sets I bought on Tuesday’s Vinyl Safari. Got 6 preloved operas (Tosca/Rigoletto/Die Zauberflote/La Traviata/Lakme/Aida) all for less than £50.
Cleaned up beautifully and this one is the first we have played and it is perfect.

8 Likes

Session in the cabin starting with Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard, stunning Gladiator soundtrack.

10 Likes

RIP Mike.
Thank you for the music.

23 Likes